GENTING BHD

KLSE (MYR): GENTING (3182)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.10 (2.35%)

Day's Change

4.13 - 4.24

Trading Volume

46 people like this.

85,510 comment(s). Last comment by keyman 49 seconds ago

Posted by Michaelchan2024 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Given the vast amount of information available today, do you really depend on forum posts for trading decisions??? I think it's unwise to base such decisions solely on what’s posted here.. It appears that some people selectively criticize and I choose not to be affected by or pay attention to negative comments. 😀

RInvest

46 posts

Posted by RInvest > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

In between price … potong stim

I have read the posts by DividendGuy67 and dragon328 in detail. Great effort. I appreciate their posts.

kl_guy

1,527 posts

Posted by kl_guy > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

look like have to wait till quarterly report out , only can move this counter.

neohts

2,344 posts

Posted by neohts > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

I expect Q2 2024 Genting Berhad result and dividend better than last year.

The best thing to do now is don't do anything.
Just hold until year end.

AngTayKor

2,374 posts

Posted by AngTayKor > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Posted by AngTayKor > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

4.65 is an obvious support zone since 13/05/2024 la (support tested a few times recently). You can predict price will move to 5.10 next? You got the crystal ball? Long term investor keep analysing and predicting future price movements. I think @Dragon328 long term investment FA skills much more practical. I love to read his posts.
---------------
Posted by AngTayKor > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

@DividendGuy67 very good 👍
------------

Im glad people realise who are the good contributors to watch out for and be thankful for their posts.

AngTayKor

2,374 posts

旧战国:
4.20 - 4.00 - 5.00
4.65 - 4.45 - 4.95
4.95 - 4.55 - 4.87

新战国: 4.87 - 4.65 - 5.10
-------------

4.87 - 4.65 - 5.10 (Crystal ball not working)

PRICE COLLAPSED TO 4.17

AngTayKor

2,374 posts

These type of talk kok posts confirm cannot read, sure end up in HOLLAND

AngTayKor

2,374 posts

Posted by Michaelchan2024 > 1 hour ago | Report Abuse
@ATK, you mentioned you don't hold any Genting shares. However, what puzzles me is why you are here on the Genting forum?
-----------

Still observing price action and reaction so my trading skill not rusty + how the crowd is thinking for this stock. To become a better boyfriend, you need to understand your girlfriend very well. To trade a stock well, you need to understand the behaviour of the stock well. I still manage to nail the important top (5.20 zone) and bottom (4.45 zone) for this stock during 2024. Call this a trader's life long learning process, Im forever a student of the stock market. I treat this business very seriously. I trade to win money.

No money now, all showhand into Taurx, which I believe can give me much higher returns than stock trading. But some day I will take back all my Taurx investment capital and start stock trading business again.

AngTayKor

2,374 posts

Posted by Pinky > 2 hours ago | Report Abuse
A stock market investor/trader who only trades Genting and nothing else, based on his activity in i3.
Only lunar month ghost will believe he's not here with an agenda.
Period.
----------

@Pinky I have previously answered this question many times already.

AngTayKor

2,374 posts

Posted by AngTayKor > 2024-03-11 16:18 | Report Abuse
New data presentation on 7/3 at local time 8.50am. Not regulatory approvals yet.
Reminder: Regulatory approvals not so soon yet. Still got hurdles to cross especially the corrupted FDA.
-------------
Posted by AngTayKor > 2024-03-11 18:36 | Report Abuse
Please remember history lesson becareful of 5.20 zone LKT waiting to dump. Price action of afternoon session dont look good.
--------------
Posted by Michael_chan2022 > 2024-03-12 11:34 | Report Abuse
Be careful. Another short squeeze in the afternoon
-----------
Posted by AngTayKor > 2024-03-12 11:46 | Report Abuse
Unlikely
------------
Posted by keyman > 2024-03-12 12:19 | Report Abuse
Sifu @Balian @micheal @ATK@neoths All say downward is unlikely. How am I catch the boat now? Sold 4.85 then buy back 4.97 loss 10 cents leh...
------------
Posted by AngTayKor > 2024-03-12 14:09 | Report Abuse
Read clearly. I said whales exited yesterday

-----------
Posted by Michael_chan2022 > 2024-03-12 12:11 | Report Abuse

https://youtu.be/dIazk_tO1D0?si=Bc7cep0R3VvMENSg
Real sifu is here,
GenB strong support at RM4.98

---------------------------------------------------
PRICE COLLAPSED TO 4.44 ONE MONTH LATER
==============================

You’re impressive.. you have expertise in multiple areas especially in the field of pharma where you stand unmatched.

AngTayKor

2,374 posts

ATK a ghost or not you decide lor. Hope some traders / trader cum investors here have read and exited promptly near the 5.20 top.

Then buy again at around 4.50 zone, exit at around 4.8+ zone.
Then buy again at around 4.50 zone, exit at around 4.8+ zone.
Then buy again at around 4.20 zone, exit at around 4.50 zone.

Its not difficult to trade this stock. I started buying when price was 2.97. When I stopped trading this stock long time ago, i think its equivalent to profit of selling the stock at over 8.00.

MG9231

805 posts

Posted by MG9231 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Just came back from a routine morning walk in the garden, see a lots of same guys still stick in this forum . well I guess price will not go far at the moment.

mushimushi

398 posts

Posted by mushimushi > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Continue Makan!! Anticipating next week quarterly report, back to back RM 500m net profit and RM 7 billion revenue and hopefully 30% increase in dividends payout.

raymondroy

864 posts

Posted by raymondroy > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

looking at Q1 profit and current price, genB is trading at PER of 7.3x only..... so undemanding, and if it can issue higher than 6c div (can double to 12c if u ask me :-) as compared to last quarter div) which is surely expected..... there is only upside here on :-) happy hunting....

Samsung Electronics' main union in South Korea is set to strike over pay starting Thursday. This is an all out protest with no signs of the COVID pandemic holding them back.. Another area of expertise in fear mongering? 😀

😅

newbie2019

1,825 posts

Posted by newbie2019 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

peak later this month…..

newbie2019

1,825 posts

Posted by newbie2019 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

still unable to sell at 4.5… que 4.9 tho lol

forgot to que this morning before opening hahahaha

Pinky

3,445 posts

Posted by Pinky > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Kovid? Apa itu? Flu? Fake news?

😅

That is one way to keep things interesting! 😄 Just don't forget to ask for extra snacks while you are waiting.

I see you have a great sense of humor and is skilled at handling difficult situations and people. 😅

raymondroy

864 posts

Posted by raymondroy > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

@Balian ..... ur extremely pessimistic on the covid front, I dont see any of these news on the main portals, and evenly more extreme on the pump and dump strategy..... so ur cup is half empty rather than half full :-)

mf

28,721 posts

Posted by mf > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

run

Balian de Ibelin

there is a chance will close 4.48 today.

------------------------------------------------------------
Without any cheerleaders today, how can we expect the price to rise?

keyman

473 posts

Posted by keyman > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Eeee? Where got blood bath? Just nose bleeding only. Darah nyamuk jak...

Seems like the conman’s busy with his new gig in Burma....I guess that’s why we’re short on buyers today! 😅

Genting Singapore had a great performance today with a strong finish.. tomorrow it's GenB’s turn, get ready for the ride! 👍

AngTayKor

2,374 posts

Please stop guessing la. You usually got it wrong most of the time, becoming an inverse indicator.

Yeah, I always get it wrong...just for fun. Never take it too seriously. 😅🤣

Ho ho ho... my GenM did well today too. Strong closing! 😄

AngTayKor

2,374 posts

Dont worry Im sure a lot of people dont bother to read your posts or take them seriously anyway. Its social media after all kena conned here quite common la.

I've been happy since early morning... 天天开心!! ❤
Bye bye!

AngTayKor

2,374 posts

Maybe you shd consider switch horse all into GenM to avoid the Taurx illusion?

mushimushi

398 posts

Posted by mushimushi > 1 month ago |

Post removed.Why?

AngTayKor

2,374 posts

Posted by Michaelchan2024 > 27 minutes ago | Report Abuse
Ho ho ho... my GenM did well today too. Strong closing! 😄
-----------

Good to see investors hedging their bets between mother n sons. The mother seems to be unable to get all her sons to behave well all at once. Q1 Singapore son behaved well but Malaysia son misbehaved. Q2 the Singapore son not behaving as expected but i think Malaysia son shd be good. Adopted son Christmas season report card will be out.

mushimushi

398 posts

Tomorrow your auntie mari, all shorties will bleed very badly.

choysun

4,377 posts

Posted by choysun > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Hopefully adopted son will behave la. Why son and not daughter? 😜

choysun

4,377 posts

Posted by choysun > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

I'm betting GenM will be much better than previous quarter, but still believe that mother has better capital appreciation potential. 😊

AngTayKor

2,374 posts

@Choysun, not that im biased sexism but because all descendants still bearing the Genting / RW surname even after having their own family, kids, grandkids etc. 😀

AngTayKor

2,374 posts

@Choysun you expect you son-in-laws to adopt your surname meh? Dont la... 🤣

mushimushi

398 posts

Public investment has raised the target price of Genting Bhd to RM 6.

Last quarter actually did amazingly. Genting only need emulate and match last quarter results, NAP would surpassed RM 9.

Dividend should be higher compares to previous years. Having said that, given genm is propionately higher in percentage. It is better to hold genm if you are aiming for dividends.

Overall, Genting EPS should increase, this should resulting higher share price.

RM 500m net profit
RM 7++ billion revenue
RM 9 NAPS

You can do it Genting, go go go..

👍

我也耒post: 😀

珍惜眼前的成功,行走时探索更多机会;
坐看价起时,保持冷静...享受眼前的美好!! 😅

Pinky

3,445 posts

Posted by Pinky > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

If buy GENM, GENS results you got no share

I want GENS+GENM

hw0706

819 posts

Posted by hw0706 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

GENTING INI KALILAH KAU TURUN

It's taboo, no price guessing la.. 😅

AngTayKor

2,374 posts

Posted by Pinky > 2 hours ago | Report Abuse
If buy GENM, GENS results you got no share
I want GENS+GENM
------------

Buy both la at 50:50. You not scared GenB's chow taofo meh?

AngTayKor

2,374 posts

Lilly’s anti-tau pill for Alzheimer’s fails in Phase 2 study

One month after the long-awaited approval of its first Alzheimer’s drug, Eli Lilly said that another experimental medicine aimed at slowing dementia failed in a Phase 2 study of 330 people.

The drug, known as an OGA inhibitor, was designed to prevent a protein called tau from clumping in the brain. Tau often builds up after amyloid plaques — the target of Lilly’s recently approved Kisunla — have formed. Tau proteins are believed to play a bigger role in the death of brain cells.

In the company’s earnings call with investors on Thursday morning, chief scientific officer Dan Skovronsky said that both low and high doses of the drug “failed to meet the primary endpoint” on Lilly’s own scale measuring cognitive decline. Lilly plans to present detailed results at the Clinical Trials on Alzheimer’s Disease conference, which begins in late October.

But Skovronksy emphasized that Lilly isn’t giving up on developing new tau-targeting drugs altogether. “While this negative outcome was disappointing, we remain committed to tau as a high conviction target in Alzheimer’s disease and plan to continue studying tau biology,” he said.

nies working on their own OGA inhibitors. Biogen is testing its own pill in a Phase 1 study. And the Swiss biotech Asceneuron last month raised $100 million to test an OGA inhibitor in a Phase 2 study.

In the run-up to the approval of Kisunla, the Indianapolis drugmaker has increasingly discussed a future where amyloid-busting and tau-lowering drugs are paired together for greater effect. Its OGA inhibitor was especially exciting, because as a pill, it could be a more accessible alternative to Kisunla, which requires monthly infusions and repeated brain scans to monitor for side effects.

The pill inhibits an enzyme called O-GlcNAcase, or OGA, that chemically alters tau proteins and makes them more prone to form toxic tangles that kill brain cells. In an interview with Endpoints News last month, Mark Mintun, Lilly’s VP of neuroscience research and development, downplayed the molecule’s chances of success.

"The OGA inhibitor does a really remarkable job in the animals. But it does it in a very indirect way,” he said. “If we designed something that attacked the tau itself or attacked the tau tangles themselves, we might feel really confident that this is going to work in humans.”

“We joke that we’ve cured Alzheimer’s in mice a lot of times,” Mintun added. “A lot of things just don’t translate to the human Alzheimer’s condition. And we will not be surprised if this is one of those things that doesn’t translate. We feel like we have to try it.”

Lilly has previously tried targeting tau directly with an antibody drug, which failed. Mintun said the company is working on another small molecule that targets tau directly inside brain cells, and a genetic medicine that uses an siRNA to prevent brain cells from making tau in the first place.

In an interview with Endpoints last August, Skovronksy compared tau drugs to the decades-long efforts to attack amyloid in many different ways. “It’s a bit like amyloid,” he said. “We have such conviction on the target, we’re willing to attack it from different mechanisms until we find the mechanism that can actually affect the target. I know that feels stubborn, but to us it just feels logical.”

AngTayKor

2,374 posts

Posted by AngTayKor > 4 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Alzheimer's biotech Asceneuron raises $100M to see if it can compete with Lilly, Biogen on tau

A small Swiss biotech has raised a $100 million Series C to start testing its oral small molecule for Alzheimer’s disease in a Phase 2 later this year.

Asceneuron, a Merck KGaA spinout, is developing the O-GlcNAcase (OGA) inhibitor ASN51 and is hoping to go up against the two leading drugmakers in the Alzheimer’s field: Eli Lilly and Biogen.

The 12-year-old biotech started raising the Series C around the beginning of the year, CEO Barbara Angehrn Pavik said in an interview. She joined last fall after helping Vifor exit to CSL for $11.7 billion as chief business officer. Asceneuron was light on specifics of the Phase 2 trial design, including whether it’d be a global study.

Led by Novo Holdings, the Series C is expected to fully fund the trial and potentially see whether ASN51 can be developed for additional conditions, including Parkinson’s and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, according to new board member Naveed Siddiqi, a senior partner on the venture investments team at Novo Holdings.

In addition to Novo Holdings, other investors in the Series C include new backers EQT Life Sciences’ LSP Dementia Fund, OrbiMed and SR One, along with existing financial supporters M Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, GSK Equities Investments and Johnson & Johnson Innovation’s JJDC.
Race with Lilly, Biogen

Biogen and Lilly are also developing their own experimental medicines aiming to inhibit the OGA enzyme with the goal of slowing down or curbing the buildup of tau protein.

Biogen and Lilly’s current marketed drugs — Leqembi and Kisunla, respectively — go after the pesky protein amyloid. But their new medicines, alongside Asceneuron, seek to destroy tau. The neurodegenerative-linked protein comes after amyloid and can damage neurons upon accumulation.

Lilly is in the lead on the OGA front, with a Phase 2 of its drug LY3372689 estimated to wrap up this summer, according to the federal trials database. Biogen’s candidate, named BIIB113, completed a Phase 1 last year. Multiple other drugmakers are developing anti-tau treatments with different approaches.

Leqembi was approved in 2023, but has had a slow commercial rollout, and Kisunla secured FDA approval last month after multiple delays over the past year. These anti-amyloid drugs have to be infused, which can be a strain on healthcare systems and can cause logistical hurdles for patients, and they’ve come with safety concerns about brain swelling and bleeding.

“The infrastructure and cost of this is enormous, so what the field really needs is an oral, a pill, you could take at home. And what we picked up was that there is a new class coming through of OGA inhibitors, which Lilly, Biogen and Asceneuron are developing,” Siddiqi said.

“Lilly will hopefully validate this class later on this year, and then we are second after that in a very large market,” Siddiqi said. He said it’s believed that tau is “more highly correlated with the loss of your cognition than amyloid is.”

The field has been trying to tackle tau for years. Lilly, Biogen, Roche, AbbVie and others have attempted anti-tau approaches with monoclonal antibodies, but none of them panned out in key clinical studies. “If you want an efficacious tau-targeting approach or therapy, it really is going to need to influence the aggregation of tau inside the cell,” Asceneuron SVP of R&D Ryan Schubert said.
----------------------

Treatment aiming to inhibit the OGA enzyme with the goal of slowing down or curbing the buildup of tau protein is not working. I think this type of drug action hungkan liow.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz