TENAGA NASIONAL BHD

KLSE (MYR): TENAGA (5347)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.04 (0.32%)

Day's Change

12.38 - 12.46

Trading Volume

22 people like this.

13,242 comment(s). Last comment by metaverse 21 hours ago

Posted by prudentinvestor > 2022-07-19 20:28 | Report Abuse

"My prediction seems much much more correct than most of the IB.
Rm4.50 is coming"
I don't trust someone who doesn't even understand how ICPT works. TNB still has to drop by over 40% to reach RM4.50 but this Under No Stand has the cheek to brag that he is more correct than most IBs. Now if TNB drops to RM4.50 after a 2 for 1 bonus, do you still claim credit?

Understand

1,034 posts

Posted by Understand > 2022-07-19 21:41 | Report Abuse

Dividend issued cannot cover capital lost. You already losing rm5k, stay longer you'll loss more.

Posted by prudentinvestor > 2022-07-19 21:48 | Report Abuse

"Beware of ppl using "mark my words", "you'll see" and "might be or will be""
@BobAxeIrod, he is struggling with his English, don't expect him to understand all these.

BobAxelrod

8,255 posts

Posted by BobAxelrod > 2022-07-19 21:52 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by prudentinvestor > 2022-07-19 22:35 | Report Abuse

"Dividend issued cannot cover capital lost. You already losing rm5k, stay longer you'll loss more."
Under No Stand, you don't understand many things, including my English. Which part of my post did you see the word "dividend"? I have less than 1,000 Tenaga shares, I could not have lost RM5k. You really behave like an old woman.

Posted by prudentinvestor > 2022-07-19 23:10 | Report Abuse

"Just mark my words. Pretty sure this will go almost no profit or maybe lost. Just mark my word."
How can you trust someone who doesn't even understand how ICPT works and who thinks RM7.89=RM4.50? Tenaga's profit for the 3 months ending 30 June will surely drop due to a rising interest rate and US Dollar (but partly compensated by a declining Yen and Pound). I still expect it to earn RM550 to RM600 million. Let see who is more correct.

KimSua

422 posts

Posted by KimSua > 2022-07-20 08:17 | Report Abuse

Will know in a months time will TNB make a loss? Lets look at the Ops ex by qtr. Q1 2021 to Q1 2022. 9.1 B//10B/10.8B/14.5B/13.3B. Revenue 11.5B/12.4B/13B/15.7B/15.7B. Revenue is very predictable at a range of 16-17 B this quarter. The key now is the opex that will drive the profit/loss. Rough number will be around 15 Bil OpEX provided no other surprises from tax man and impairment (depreciation etc...). Any financial guru that has time to detail this will be appreciated. The market is spook by the regulatory of the ICPT that gomen always has a hand in it and not its business model.

KimSua

422 posts

Posted by KimSua > 2022-07-20 09:23 | Report Abuse

Again ICPT receivables will impact the future cash flow as it has already been recorded as current assets and when it first receive it. The market is duly worried about this cash flow turn over based on last quarter report.

Understand

1,034 posts

Posted by Understand > 2022-07-20 10:30 | Report Abuse

The Gas and the Coal price are at it's peak, this will easily stay at least another 5years.
Institutional investor already know about it, that's why they are selling.
On the other hand IB buy call and retailers is buying.
..seems like alot of Prudent Investor around.
Just work on the Net profit, you already know it is near no profit. The losses should be reflected to the quater report unless gov allow to pass it to user through tariff increase.
Just look at the historical quater report where Tnb is at lost. Losses are due to higher electrical generation cost.
60over percent of the power generation is by coal and another maybe 30over percent by gas. Only 3 to 5 percent by water.

Understand

1,034 posts

Posted by Understand > 2022-07-20 10:32 | Report Abuse

Doubt it will bounce in any near term.

Posted by prudentinvestor > 2022-07-20 11:31 | Report Abuse

Alamak! Totally clueless Under No Stand who doesn't understand how ICPT works continues to pontificate on why Tenaga would report losses in the April to June quarter. He had probably tipped off institutional investors that gas and coal prices would continue to remain very high for the next 5 years, which prompted them to sell Tenaga shares. But wait, why would institutional investors trust someone who doesn't understand how ICPT works and someone who said RM7.89=RM4.50?

Posted by WinBigOrLoseAll > 2022-07-20 13:44 | Report Abuse

aiyoyo, understand know little act pro oh, talk mcm master sifu but tin kosong, lol

Understand

1,034 posts

Posted by Understand > 2022-07-20 15:35 | Report Abuse

Haha another joker got stuck.
Just sell before you get trap.
Shark sell you buy. Simple.
Rm4.50 is coming

Whoisthis

437 posts

Posted by Whoisthis > 2022-07-20 17:02 | Report Abuse

understand..u tin kosong one meh? Wa lau eh ..I tot u r master’s master leh….

Posted by prudentinvestor > 2022-07-20 17:57 | Report Abuse

A person who knows few things but pretends that he knows a lot of things now recommending investors to sell Tenaga. Listen to him at your own risk!

Understand

1,034 posts

Posted by Understand > 2022-07-20 18:22 | Report Abuse

These people trying to twist around the facts.
Rm7billion additional cost.
Rm5.8billion subsidised - by gov-maybe TNB.
Even TNB got subsidised , still at net is will be at lost.
Prudent Investor lost rm5k so he trying to convince others to buy. All the IB giving TP that is inaccurate but then many ikan bilis @aka Prudent Investor believing the IB is helping them to make money. What a joke.

Posted by WinBigOrLoseAll > 2022-07-20 18:35 | Report Abuse

come see the tin kosong comments, lol

The Gas and the Coal price are at it's peak, this will easily stay at least another 5years.
Rm5.8billion subsidised - by gov-maybe TNB.

Posted by prudentinvestor > 2022-07-20 18:43 | Report Abuse

"Rm7billion additional cost.
Rm5.8billion subsidised - by gov-maybe TNB."
Under No Stand, Is your English so poor that you can't understand how ICPT works?
"Prudent Investor lost rm5k so he trying to convince others to buy"
Keep bringing up 5k?? Weird person. Which word/s that I used in my comment amounted to trying to convince people to buy TNB? Where is your detailed analysis to justify your claim that TNB would drop to RM4.50? Is RM7.89=RM4.50?

Mabel

23,279 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2022-07-20 23:30 | Report Abuse

Coming to think of it what understand said is true..

All IB TP are hopeless..

Just take a look at Armada.. HLB gave 84 sen TP. Many Uncles and Aunties believe..

Look at Armada today.. Must take one big tea spoon of salts with IB TP..

Meow

Understand

1,034 posts

Posted by Understand > 2022-07-21 00:14 | Report Abuse

If you want to be Prudent investor, trust IB, lucky you'll lose Rm5k only.
Anything you do, Just avoid kuku software, unlucky you may get into total lost.
.. Gd Nite..

KimSua

422 posts

Posted by KimSua > 2022-07-21 08:06 | Report Abuse

Liquidity in the market will dictate how KLSE/Asia market will perform. Majority of stocks are undervalue no matter how good the forward PE will be. GDP is expected to 5.5-6% makes no difference as long as USD continue to strengthen and the FEDs continue to raise interest rates. The only good thing i see is the strengthening oil price will make it easier for Bank Negara to decide on its monetary policy to stabilize inflation and GDP growth. They have to raise the rate soon and not bothered by populist movement by the politicians. Everyone wins is once the liquidity improves. Else we can continue to fight with each other why our stocks are not moving. US is still king at controlling the money market as long as we follow the Bretton woods agreement. USD will continue to strengthen and next month they will increase another 0.75-1.0. So need to be careful.

Posted by WinBigOrLoseAll > 2022-07-21 09:22 | Report Abuse

for IBs their analysis are worthy for reading and studying, but for this "understand" pointless comments are just fun

Understand

1,034 posts

Posted by Understand > 2022-07-21 10:07 | Report Abuse

Ahyo another bilis kena con by IB. I bet you are also losing.

Posted by prudentinvestor > 2022-07-21 10:41 | Report Abuse

"If you want to be Prudent investor, trust IB, lucky you'll lose Rm5k only."
Read through all my previous comments, I have never stated that I trust the IBs, but between the two, the IBs and joker Under No Stand, I choose the IBs. I make investments mostly based on my own analysis. I have maybe 50 to 60% faith in IBs but 0% trust in joker Under No Stand.

Posted by prudentinvestor > 2022-07-21 10:51 | Report Abuse

Aiyo, tin kosong membuat bising lagi, siapa budak nakal yang menendang tin kosong lagi?

Understand

1,034 posts

Posted by Understand > 2022-07-21 11:19 | Report Abuse

Ahyo keep changing your statement. Previously saying IB paid ten of thousand and we should trust IB. Now only trust 50%. Later price dip further , I think maybe no more trust IB.

Understand

1,034 posts

Posted by Understand > 2022-07-21 11:23 | Report Abuse

Prudent Investor, can you extract your source saying gov will borne all the additional electrical cost generation should no tariff being increase.
Show your source, so far I just see you beating around the Bush.

Deekay

164 posts

Posted by Deekay > 2022-07-21 11:25 | Report Abuse

The guy with zero 'understand'ing still here to waste his time talking trash huh? Prudent, just stop replying him. Basically he got no essence.

Understand

1,034 posts

Posted by Understand > 2022-07-21 11:26 | Report Abuse

Ahyo another loser got conned by IB.

Deekay

164 posts

Posted by Deekay > 2022-07-21 11:29 | Report Abuse

Yeah sure whatever, Tin Kosong...

Posted by prudentinvestor > 2022-07-21 11:56 | Report Abuse

"can you extract your source saying gov will borne all the additional electrical cost generation should no tariff being increase."
Under No Stand alias Tin Kosong, go and read S&P's article dated 7 July. Don't tell me you can't understand its English. I think you are just pretending, just want to annoy others.

KimSua

422 posts

Posted by KimSua > 2022-07-21 12:50 | Report Abuse

https://klse.i3investor.com/web/blog/detail/AmInvestResearch/2022-07-21-story-h1626880521-Economic_Highlights_Malaysia_ndash_Trade_continues_to_grow_robustly

I think malaysia is still on track to hit the GDP of 6% and if continue for the next few months, investor will come in. We are doing a lot better then most countries and hopefully KLSE will follow suit :) . Managing inflation will be important moving forward (without too much subsidies and increase of interest rate has to follow to strengthen the Ringgit)

Understand

1,034 posts

Posted by Understand > 2022-07-21 15:09 | Report Abuse

S&P rating is stating Rm5.8billion will be subsidized by Gov, no mentioning about impact on Profit and Lost. If you work out the additional cost incurred from the coal and Gas price. Pretty sure TNB may need to take up some of this additional cost.

Deekay

164 posts

Posted by Deekay > 2022-07-21 15:15 | Report Abuse

Thanks, Kim Sua. Hopefully, we still can hit that 6% growth. Sentiment wise, it's kinda gloomy with the US planning for another round of rates increase.

Posted by prudentinvestor > 2022-07-21 17:26 | Report Abuse

"S&P Global Ratings said Tenaga Nasional Bhd's (TNB) financial profile will remain steady despite the government's announcement to keep electricity......."
Under No Stand alias Tin Kosong, "what does TNB's financial profile will remain steady" mean? Doesn't it mean it won't incur losses? How many times had you claimed that TNB would incur losses in the April to June quarter?

“We continue to expect the regulatory environment to remain generally supportive for TNB because the company will still be able to recover the higher-than-expected fuel and generation costs under the regulated Imbalance Cost Pass-Through mechanism."
Do you understand the meaning of the word "recover"?

Posted by prudentinvestor > 2022-07-21 17:29 | Report Abuse

"Previously saying IB paid ten of thousand and we should trust IB. Now only trust 50%."
Between IBs and Tin Kosong, sure I trust the IBs more.

Whoisthis

437 posts

Posted by Whoisthis > 2022-07-21 18:44 | Report Abuse

I told ya already….don’t fooled around with these tenaga people ..u no listen…u go find ur rm4.50 friends la …understand

Understand

1,034 posts

Posted by Understand > 2022-07-21 19:08 | Report Abuse

This Prudent Investor so scad, lost just Rm5k like lost a fortune. Hahaha..

Posted by prudentinvestor > 2022-07-21 20:19 | Report Abuse

Stick to the point Under No Stand alias Tin Kosong! Whether I lost RM0.50 or RM5 million is irrelevant here. You would be so scared after TNB releases its April to June quarterly results that you go into hiding because you have been proven completely wrong.

KimSua

422 posts

Posted by KimSua > 2022-07-22 08:42 | Report Abuse

In order for TNB to make a loss, there need to be a surprise like coal and gas disruption and they have to use distillate to power up the plant like what happen in 2011. Remember excess capacity is at 40% (ridiculous) and the plan is to reduce it to 20% in 2035. And also the ridiculous IPP cost is 60% of our the Operating expenses. Nothing to do with the share price but they retiring the IPP contract in stages, in the end the rakyat still has to pay for it. Should not make a lost unless there is breaking news of lack of coal and gas resulting in usage of distillates

Understand

1,034 posts

Posted by Understand > 2022-07-22 09:20 | Report Abuse

Prudent Investor, I thought you say got bonus issue, then dividend, sure win business, how come still lost rm5k. Hmmm..
I check the pass quater reports especially on the one's they make losses. The reason of losses is due to higher electrical generation cost.

KimSua

422 posts

Posted by KimSua > 2022-07-22 09:33 | Report Abuse

You make a very good point and keep investors thinking. The losses in primarily due to distillate cost which is 50% higher then the subsidize Petronas gas and also potential profit after tax losses due to taxation and high depreciation/write off. All are possible as we don't have a real view on what's can potential happen but we have to dig further to understand the industry. The coal price/subsidize gas is well control by the ICPT mechanism. Wish everyone earns money . The shorts has stabilize at 0.21% and seen a few good candles lately. Have a great investment

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-07-22 09:40 | Report Abuse

"I check the pass quater reports especially on the one's they make losses. "

An interesting comment, or should I say a bare faced lie.

Over the past 42 quarters....let me repeat that...42 QUARTERS, Tenaga had only one quarter where they made a loss, due to an impairment. The immediate following quarter they made a profit of Rm1.56 Billion.

A direct quote from the quarterly where the impairment was booked......
" The Group reported lower operating profit of RM697.0 million in the current quarter as compared
to RM1,474.5 million in the preceding quarter, a decrease of RM777.5 million. This is mainly due
to the decrease in revenue and increase in impairment of financial instruments."

Time for you to grease up a baseball bat and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

KimSua

422 posts

Posted by KimSua > 2022-07-22 09:51 | Report Abuse

TTV I like your humor :)... he has half a truth , keep us on our toes check 2011 Q3 and Q4 :)

Posted by prudentinvestor > 2022-07-22 10:00 | Report Abuse

@TreeTopView, good that you have debunked Under No Stand alias Tin Kosong's lies so quickly.

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-07-22 10:01 | Report Abuse

Kim Sua, I understand the 2011 figures but do we ned to go beyond that to the Adam and Eve days to make a point?

What happened in 2011, yes 11 years ago is totally irrelevant to the current state of play in the local energy business..
Kim Sua, we are on the same side here with our thoughts and probably need to focus on the current situation and not bring up issues that are no longer relevant.

I sometimes wonder if people like our resident performing clown make comments merely to increase the number of posts, so that i3 can retain their advertisers with "high volume content". I've seen it happen in overseas forums and is used as a marketing tool. In this case, perhaps they should consider hiring people who can actually write in English :)

Cheers and all the best.

Posted by prudentinvestor > 2022-07-22 10:11 | Report Abuse

"Prudent Investor, I thought you say got bonus issue, then dividend, sure win business, how come still lost rm5k. Hmmm.."
Under No Stand alias Tin Kosong, you don't understand how ICPT works, you don't understand S&P's article dated 7 July. Now you also can't understand my post written in simple English. Is it deliberate? I wrote that Tenaga would only drop to RM4.50 after a 2 for 1 bonus. Did this suggest a bonus issue?

Deekay

164 posts

Posted by Deekay > 2022-07-22 10:41 | Report Abuse

His past quarters probably during when our police still wearing shorts....hehe

Posted by WinBigOrLoseAll > 2022-07-22 10:59 | Report Abuse

i feel relief so many reprimand this "understand" until now he/she not dare to comment further, the tin kosong is always tin kosong

Understand

1,034 posts

Posted by Understand > 2022-07-22 11:12 | Report Abuse

Ahyo few hours I did not comment the price went up.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz