YTL POWER INTERNATIONAL BHD

KLSE (MYR): YTLPOWR (6742)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.22 (6.01%)

Day's Change

3.61 - 3.93

Trading Volume

44 people like this.

30,569 comment(s). Last comment by FAInvestor 6 hours ago

Posted by NatsukoMishima > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Good results , too bad my tickets not enough ! Hope it drop more i want sapu more ticket !

Ravi Kumar

3,621 posts

Posted by Ravi Kumar > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Genovese There are losers like you. You speak like you have your brains on the foot

Yu_and_Mee

3,454 posts

Posted by Yu_and_Mee > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

wonder why people love to compare and show off. does it really feel good to show off?

Yu_and_Mee

3,454 posts

Posted by Yu_and_Mee > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

if it's yours, will eventually be yours. if not, then it will be not. all already in the book.

Mabel

23,710 posts

Posted by Mabel > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Wow Congrats YTL Power for achieving more than RM 1 Billion Net Profits for this Quarter!

Thank you Uncles and Aunties for matching Mabel's queue at RM 3.77 today

Thank you so much..

Meow Meow Meow

Posted by HumptyDumpty > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Easy Mr @Genovese did you make the bet ?

After all the great Analysis and learning , you did not make a bet ?

hng33

20,153 posts

Posted by hng33 > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Surprised YTLP recognised one off fair value gain from RANHILL, more than RM200m one off recorded under investment segment

MrFox

1,251 posts

Posted by MrFox > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
There will be an answer, let it be
As YTLP is real!!!!!!!!
Whispering words of wisdom!!!!!!

haha

hng33

20,153 posts

Posted by hng33 > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Although YTLP earnings surprised boosted by one off fair gain from acquition Ranhill, but, it will be great relief for YTLp share to rebound tomorrow

john55555

112 posts

Posted by john55555 > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

So what price close tomorrow?
All guess

MrFox

1,251 posts

u still doubt YTLP is not a HumptyDumpty??!!!
haha

Goldberg

2,918 posts

Posted by Goldberg > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

YTL Power's FY2024 net profit up 71%, pays four sen dividend

By Kang Siew Li / theedgemalaysia.com
21 Aug 2024, 07:34 pm

KUALA LUMPUR (Aug 21): YTL Power International Bhd (KL:YTLPOWR) saw its net profit fall 5.6% to RM1.07 billion in its fourth financial quarter ended June 30, 2024 (4QFY2024) from RM1.14 billion a year earlier, on lower contribution from its power generation and investment holding activities business segments.
This resulted in a lower earnings per share of 13.16 sen for 4QFY2024 compared with 14.02 sen for 4QFY2023.

Revenue for the quarter also came in lower at RM6.34 billion, down 10.5% from RM7.09 billion in 4QFY2023.

YTL Power declared a second interim dividend of four sen per share for the financial year ended June 30, 2024 (FY2024), payable on Nov 29. This brings its total dividends declared for FY2024 to seven sen per share.
Nevertheless, the group managed to end FY2024 on a positive footing, posting a net profit of RM3.46 billion, a 70.8% increase from RM2.03 billion in the previous year, on better performance in the power generation segment, which saw better margins, lower interest expenses following loan repayments and strengthening of Singapore dollar against the ringgit.
Revenue grew 2% to RM22.32 billion in FY2024 from RM21.89 billion in FY2023.
On prospects, YTL Power said as power generation is an essential service, electricity demand is expected to remain stable.

"This segment will continue to focus on customer service, operational efficiency and exploring diversification beyond the core business into integrated multi-utilities supply. The group will also be developing a large portion of the Kulai Young Estate into a large-scale solar power facility with a generation capacity of up to 500 megawatts (MW) to co-power a 500MW green data centre park. This is in line with the group’s shift towards investing in more sustainable renewable energy solutions moving forward," it said.

As for its telecommunication segment, YTL Communications expects to extend its 5G services to the rest of the country in tandem with the rollout of Digital National Bhd’s 5G network. "By continuing to offer affordable data plans and offering innovative 5G services, this segment is looking to increase its subscriber base bolstered by partnerships and collaborations," it said.
YTL Power expects the performance of its business segments to remain resilient due to the essential nature of its operations, and will continue to closely monitor the related risks and impact on all business segments.

YTL Power shares closed down 11 sen or 2.85% at RM3.75 on Wednesday, giving it a market capitalisation of RM30.98 billion. The stock has risen 45.9% so far this year.

Mabel

23,710 posts

Posted by Mabel > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

YTL Power will Power Up tomorrow. Those that bought during the bloodbath will smiles ears to ears. Thank you so much short seller for pressing the price down.

Keep OVERWEIGHT, Top Picks: Tenaga Nasional (TNB), YTL Power, and Samaiden Group. A year after the launch of the National Energy Transition Roadmap (NETR), we remain positive on the utilities sector. This is premised on:
i) The mushrooming number of data centre (DC) developments, which will ramp up the growth in electricity consumption;
ii) ii) continuous power grid upgrades, which will increase regulated net returns;
iii) iii) experienced independent power producers (IPPs) bridging the supply gap;
iv) iv) domestic renewable energy (RE) capacity additions anchoring contractors’ job flow.

Positive Spinoff will also go to the Construction and Property Companies like Gamuda, Sunway and Sime Darby Property where the stock rise today.

Hey Fox where have you been , but very sakit in the Call options section , at least can expect a return to profit haha

To reevaluate the results without the one-time fair value gain from the Ranhill acquisition, we need to adjust the profit figures. The report mentions this fair value gain but doesn't specify the exact amount. However, we can make an estimate based on the information provided.
The report states: "The increase in profit before taxation was mainly due to higher interest income and fair value gain arising from the acquisition of shares in Ranhill Utilities Berhad, partially offset by lower share of profits of investments accounted for using the equity method."
Let's adjust the figures:

Profit before taxation for the year:
Reported: RM4,114.624 million
Fair value gain:
While the exact amount isn't specified, it's described as significant. Let's conservatively estimate it at RM200-300 million.
Adjusted profit before taxation:
Estimated range: RM3,814.624 million to RM3,914.624 million
Profit after taxation for the year:
Reported: RM3,510.332 million
Adjusted estimate: RM3,210.332 million to RM3,310.332 million

Even after this adjustment:

Year-over-Year (YOY) comparison:

Adjusted profit before tax would still be about 55.7% to 59.8% higher than the previous year (RM2,449.523 million).
Adjusted profit after tax would still be about 58.0% to 62.9% higher than the previous year (RM2,032.587 million).

Quarter-over-Quarter (QOQ) comparison:
The fair value gain likely affected the current quarter (Q4) results. If we assume the entire gain was recognized in Q4:

Q4 profit before tax: RM1,239.155 million
Adjusted Q4 profit before tax estimate: RM939.155 million to RM1,039.155 million
This adjusted figure would still be higher than the preceding quarter's RM819.164 million, showing a QoQ increase of 14.6% to 26.9%.

Reevaluation:
Even after removing the estimated one-time fair value gain, YTL Power International still shows significant YOY improvement in profitability. The QoQ improvement remains positive but less pronounced. The company's overall performance for the year remains strong, driven by improvements across multiple segments, particularly in Power Generation and Investment Holding activities.
It's important to note that this is an estimate based on limited information. For a precise reevaluation, the exact amount of the fair value gain would be needed.

Posted by Antifanaticracism > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Profit ytlp is 4 billion

Should easily reach rm6

Now price has reached its base line. Now is time to scoop. I let u know when to sell later

Don't listen to professors. They lead u to a roller coaster ride

U remember I told u to sell at above 5 rm

myloh123

254 posts

Posted by myloh123 > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

For those who din panic sell, resilience is d name of d game cos u believe in fundamentals n not rumours by naysayers who use fear factor to collect cheap....great quarter! Price will surely rebound ...fast n furious...tomorrow....blessings!

My advice don't scoop blindly. Pick on dip. The price now must reflects ytlp performance in 6 months time that is February 25. Well I think it's performance will not be as good as last 6 months. May achieve 70 % of the profit of last 6 months. Still quite decent.

Can collect now

cgtan2020

684 posts

Posted by cgtan2020 > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Profit/(Loss) before taxation
Power Generation 785,238
Water & Sewerage 68,978
Telecommunications 37,466
Investment holding activities 347,473

All segment is profitable.

dragon328

2,412 posts

Posted by dragon328 > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Mr. OTB, I am still in the preparation of the analysis report and will post it tomorrow.

Some quick comments:
1) Q4 result is way above my earlier projection of RM800-900 million net profit
2) PowerSeraya as expected posted net profit of SGD189m, within my expected range of SGD180-200m
3) Wessex turns around as expected
4) one surprise was a turn around in Yes 5G business
5) another thing I missed out is the fair value gain from Ranhill acquisition

The market signals in past few days have been confusing as rampant short selling activities did force hands of many retailers to sell off their holdings in YTL Power. I was confused at one point. But fundamentals prevail and faith has kept my long term holdings intact.

FAInvestor

177 posts

Posted by FAInvestor > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Tomorrow, I'll add another trance to my long term portfolio

OTB

11,354 posts

Posted by OTB > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Mr Dragon328,
Thank you for your analysis.
Good luck tomorrow.

Johnchew5

11,281 posts

Posted by Johnchew5 > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

FA report

There is an extraordinary gain of 350 million in Q4 2023 PAT, if it is taken out, the actual PAT is 780 million.

Q4 2023 PAT - 1130-350=780
Q1 2024 PAT - 848
Q2 2024 PAT - 845
Q3 2024 PAT - 699

==

Hoho as posted earlier:

Haha interesting lo on Net Profit with PE illustration:

1.) If Q4 2024 PAT = RM 780 million

PE as at 2/8/2024 is 10.53 with Price RM 4.49 …👉 then Price is RM 4.05

👉👉 Actual Q4 2024 PAT = RM 1072 million

Then Price is RM 4.37

👉👉👉Since Current Price RM 3.75 is oredi factored in the Last 4 Quarterly Report results, let’s see Mr Market reaction for the next 2 days with the difference of RM 1130 million vs RM 1072 million.

myloh123

254 posts

Posted by myloh123 > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

@ Dragon328 n OTB, how much u think d price will recover?

MrFox

1,251 posts

.fast n furious...tomorrow....blessings!?????

better than ahmoing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
haha

twobits

3,456 posts

Posted by twobits > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Any upside is a sell for me based on TA!

@Antifanaticracism if you can tell when is Nasdaq and DJIA time to fall, why the heck are you still here ? You will be flying in a private jet dating Taylor Swift d (well maybe Paris Hilton more likely). If not due to last two week US/ Japan sell shock, ytl ytlp would still be hovering within 3.5/4.7 area. Just 10% below your sell call. Aiyah go to the big market and get rich there.

sg999

1,798 posts

Posted by sg999 > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

@johnchew5 , there is fair value gain on ranhill as well..how much?

Posted by eugenewong794 > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

@dragon328 YTLC turn around was a surprise, 37m nett profit this QR, now its just if they can sustain the profits cos YTLC is the laggard with the largest nett loss at 223m for FY24, but any comment on ytlc potentially being the only telco left in DNB as the other telcos move on the 2nd 5g network ? cos AFAIK the model for DNB is the capex is shared among telcos, now YTLC has to bear the cost alone

raymondroy

843 posts

Posted by raymondroy > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

@Dragon328 ....... way way way above our projected profits and im super duper glad we were WRONG in our forecast LOL..... qtr EPS is 13.16c when we forecast just below 10c, and YTD EPS at 42.68c..... when said its improbable to even hit 40c..... sadly price shot down so much, even a 10-15% recovery will not even do justice..... happy hunting :-) boys

Humty I am Malaysian. So I only focus on klci. Do things step by step. The great wall is not built in one day. Slow and steady win the race

Humpty talked and argue like new village woman

MrFox still need a big buyer.. Short Seller about 1.7m share, i wonder will they be the big buyer haha

Johnchew5

11,281 posts

Posted by Johnchew5 > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

YTLpower QR ended June 2024 :

1.) YTL Kulai 500 MW Green Data Center Park :

Only mentioned Sea Limited as in QR ended March 2024 . The only Anchor Tenant/ customer since 2022 . No other Tenant .

👉Did not mention the Partnership with Nvidia DC progress same as in Last QR ??

2.) Referred QR ended March 2024 :

PowerSeraya n TNB Genco entered into an arrangement to export n import 100 MW of electricity to Singapore via the newly upgraded interconnector between the 2 countries..

👉No update of any progress ??

@Antifanaticracism you are like village guy pretending to be big city rich man, so stop pretending like sifu , me also paiseh for you. Now you say want to buy tommorrow remember to leave a message what you buy ah. Be the man!

Don't be coward yeah , say will up to 6 but didn't buy.

Well u can listen to me or don't want to listen to me is up to u. If u want make money better listen to me

princehero

556 posts

Posted by princehero > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

In short, is the results expected? Or below expectation ?

DC is like kl- sg HSR. Can get enough passengers volume after investing hundred of billions. This is a ?

Risky business

Posted by Silent 88888 > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

If not wrong the data center collaborate with NVIDIA? so what you meaning "NVIDIA cannot compete with GOOGLE and MICROSOFT" ?

Correction RSS volumne are 562,500 (RSS) (IDSS got 450 but no intraday so it's likely covered )only, that a million down d (20 Aug someone check is 1.7m). Well i think majority short seller already exit, but today volume is only 379,190 . How did that 1 m exited.

sg999

1,798 posts

Posted by sg999 > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

FV gain from ranhill=232M.

NVIDIA's data center business has grown significantly in recent years and has become a major revenue driver for the company. Here are some key points about NVIDIA's data center business:

Revenue size: For the fiscal year 2024 (which ended January 28, 2024):
Data Center revenue: $47.51 billion
This represented a massive 217% increase from $14.51 billion in fiscal year 2023
Proportion of total revenue:
Data Center revenue accounted for about 78% of NVIDIA's total revenue in FY 2024
This is up from about 57% in FY 2023
Growth drivers:
Surge in demand for AI and machine learning capabilities
Increased adoption of NVIDIA's GPUs for data center applications
Strong sales of products like the H100 and A100 GPUs
Market position:
NVIDIA is a leader in the data center GPU market
Its GPUs are widely used for AI training and inference
Future outlook:
The company expects continued strong growth in this segment
Expanding into new areas like AI-powered robotics and autonomous machines
Competition:
While NVIDIA dominates, companies like AMD and Intel are also competing in this space
Recent performance:
In Q4 FY2024, Data Center revenue was $18.40 billion, up 409% from Q4 FY2023
It's important to note that NVIDIA's data center business has seen extraordinary growth, particularly driven by the AI boom. The scale and rate of growth are significant factors in the current AI and tech landscape.

Copy
Retry

Claude can make mistakes. Please double-check responses.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz