YTL POWER INTERNATIONAL BHD

KLSE (MYR): YTLPOWR (6742)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.22 (6.01%)

Day's Change

3.61 - 3.93

Trading Volume

44 people like this.

30,571 comment(s). Last comment by Vincnet8864 48 minutes ago

LimPek1510

206 posts

Posted by LimPek1510 > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Australia announced a massive solar farm that it hopes will eventually offer 2 gigawatts (GW) of power to Singapore via undersea cable.

Singapore's Energy Market Authority has already granted conditional approvals to import 1GW from Cambodia, 2GW from Indonesia and 1.2GW from Vietnam.

What is the impact to conventional power plant in Singapore?

LimPek1510

206 posts

Posted by LimPek1510 > 6 days ago | Report Abuse

Huge investment from SG government for renewable energy 👏

https://cleantechnica.com/2024/08/21/no-solar-energy-no-problem-gigantic-undersea-cable-will-make-it-happen/

Mabel

23,710 posts

Posted by Mabel > 6 days ago | Report Abuse

Final dividend of RM0.04 announced
Shareholders will receive a dividend of RM0.04.
Ex-date: 12th November 2024
Payment date: 29th November 2024
Dividend yield will be 1.7%, which is lower than the industry average of 4.5%.
Sustainability & Growth

Dividend is covered by both earnings (16% earnings payout ratio) and cash flows (54% cash payout ratio).
The dividend has decreased over the past 10 years, indicating a lack of growth and stability in payments.
EPS is expected to grow by 2.7% over the next 3 years, which should provide support to the dividend and adequate earnings cover.

Yum Yum..

Thank you YTL Power

LimPek1510

206 posts

Posted by LimPek1510 > 6 days ago | Report Abuse

SG electricity business big challenges ahead.
Jordan power plant half die already.

UK water business is a deep blackhole sucking cash.

AI data center only one tenant Sea Limited. A big headache for YTL's son.

Posted by Johnchew5 > 26 seconds ago | Report Abuse

Hoho if not unloading shares by this year .. wait for another 10 years ? Shl be worst lo ..

Mabel

23,710 posts

Yum Yum

Dividend yield will be 1.7%, which is lower than the industry average of 4.5% which is acceptable since YTL Power is a Growth Company..

At final collection price at RM 3.770, now Mabel can sleep like a baby...

Thank you also to the Short Sellers for pressing the price down..

Valuation for YTL Power (Thank you dragon328!!!)

With the latest Q4 result, YTL Power has become the cheapest utility stock in Bursa. YTL Power is trading at historical PER of just 8.8x, dropping to 8.1x in FY2025 and 6.5x in FY2026. In comparison, Tenaga is trading at 23x PER on FY2024 earnings and Petronas Gas at 20x FY2024 earnings.

YTL Power should be trading at minimum PER of 10x and a fair PER of 15x, hence it should be trading at RM4.27 minimum or RM6.40 in 2024, rising to a minimum of RM4.62 to RM6.93 in 2025.

Over a longer term, I see not much challenge for YTL Power share price to test RM8.70 to RM13.00 by 2030.

To Our Success !

Meow Meow Meow

Zhuge_Liang

2,408 posts

Posted by Zhuge_Liang > 6 days ago | Report Abuse

Posted by Permutation > 7 hours ago | Report Abuse

OTB posted a week a go:---
"The target price set by HLIB and Nomura is 3.28 and 3.51 respectively.
According to the management, FY 2025 result will be better than FY 2024.
The last quarter result, EPS is 3.9 sen.
Assuming EPS for FY 2025 is 4.0 x 4 = 16.0 sen, at a PER=20, the target price at 3.20 is achievable."
--------------------------------
Posted by OTB > 6 hours ago | Report Abuse

A good person will not simply badmouth a stock.
Argue here and there, look low class.
No point, make a lot of money also will not be happy.
Let people curse here and there because of bad mouthing is not really worth it.
The choice is yours.
------------------------
Posted by OTB > 5 hours ago | Report Abuse

I do not have thick skin to quarrel with all liars here.
I will just ignore all noises here.
They are here to find fault and attack.
No point to waste my time.
Truth will prevail.
Thank you.

Win or lose in the stock market is not so important, but we must be honest and do not tell lies in I3.
Do not create lies after lies to attack OTB if you are a gentleman.
LimPek1510 is the shameless liar in I3.

Everyone here will see the twisted posting everyday.
Erase and repost everyday.
It is the act of a shameless liar and he has no principle in his life.
Hence he deserved to be cursed day and night in I3.
The choice is his.

Zhuge_Liang

2,408 posts

Repost !!

Why someone curse you non-stop because of your CB mouth.
Talk nonsense and lies here.

Dayang and Supermx - Made super profit, you need to work for 2 generations in order to make this profit.
Jaks - Earlier investors made money, late comer lost money. Lost a few cents only lah !!

Hiaptek - 60% made profit, 40% lost money. Lost a few cents only lah !!

Hengyuan - First round make money from 6.90 to 19.50. Second round - Lost money.

Overall is still laughing all the way to the bank.
Overall, still make super profit, Genovese needs to work for 2 generations, may be ... I repeat ... may be can earn this amount of money.

No point to find fault here, we still make million from YTL and YTLPower in 2023/4.

Zhuge_Liang

2,408 posts

Posted by Permutation > 7 hours ago | Report Abuse

OTB posted a week a go:---
"The target price set by HLIB and Nomura is 3.28 and 3.51 respectively.
According to the management, FY 2025 result will be better than FY 2024.
The last quarter result, EPS is 3.9 sen.
Assuming EPS for FY 2025 is 4.0 x 4 = 16.0 sen, at a PER=20, the target price at 3.20 is achievable."
--------------------------------
Posted by OTB > 6 hours ago | Report Abuse

A good person will not simply badmouth a stock.
Argue here and there, look low class.
No point, make a lot of money also will not be happy.
Let people curse here and there because of bad mouthing is not really worth it.
The choice is yours.
------------------------
Posted by OTB > 5 hours ago | Report Abuse

I do not have thick skin to quarrel with all liars here.
I will just ignore all noises here.
They are here to find fault and attack.
No point to waste my time.
Truth will prevail.
Thank you.

Win or lose in the stock market is not so important, but we must be honest and do not tell lies in I3.
Do not create lies after lies to attack OTB if you are a gentleman.
LimPek1510 is the shameless liar in I3.

Everyone here will see the twisted posting everyday.
Erase and repost everyday.
It is the act of a shameless liar and he has no principle in his life.
Hence he deserved to be cursed day and night in I3.
The choice is his.

LimPek1510

206 posts

Posted by LimPek1510 > 6 days ago |

Post removed.Why?

purple70

261 posts

Posted by purple70 > 6 days ago | Report Abuse

JAKS is a co without direction!

It plundered developing propoerty on former STAR factory at Secn 13...The purchasers have been left w claim of LAD for 5 years n all JAKS mgmt didwas to sell off the developer company to a Singaporean Co for RM2!

In th process it wrote back 20 sen to its EPS and suddenly became bankable.

Dont trust the Ng fellows running JAKS, they are close to criminality

PureBULL ...

2,509 posts

Posted by PureBULL ... > 6 days ago | Report Abuse

jaks was super pandai in pure connection in viet to gain
that dirty coal IPP.
it has ZERO knowhow n invited pure cina of CINA to JV.
jaks was pure cheapo to never pay good lawya to sign JV with
cina of CINA.

30% stake = give ur best of the v best 3 sexy GF to cina of CINA to
hv FUN with daily n
jaks can only stare outside that ROOM with lau.hau.sui...
40% is to give another super sexy GF away at FOC forever!

https://www.tradingview.com/x/pDtyGGWu/

star899

268 posts

Posted by star899 > 6 days ago | Report Abuse

1) Supplier of Electricity to Singapore
2) Data Center player
3) Partner with Nvidia to produce super fast computer
4) Recent Net profit more than RM1 Billion per quarter
5) Solid fundamentals
That is the company none other than YTL Power International Bhd , the mega corporation much after by the investors both locals and foreigners.
Even EPF is one of the substantial shareholders.

star899

268 posts

YTL Power is a much sought after by the local and foreign investors.

Mabel

23,710 posts

Bottom line..

Day over day prices are determined mostly by two factors:

The Fundamental Values of a stock to its price. These two, price and fundamentals must be closely aligned at all times.

Speculation and Panic Selling. Speculation is the increasing price of a stock that is far above fundamentals. Panic Selling is when retail groups sell in fear without actual facts and actual events. Both cause the price to be out of sync with fundamentals. You can see this on any stock chart easily if you know what to look for.

Uninformed, uneducated or poorly trained and educated retail groups cause Speculation and Panic.

Dark Pool Buy Side Institutions balance this by buying when fundamentals are above price and selling when fundamentals are well below price.

Meow

Johnchew5

11,281 posts

Posted by Johnchew5 > 6 days ago | Report Abuse

Hoho there is a Pure BoolShitting telling lies on his Glove Theme posted on 10/12/2020 . Said seeing the downside but actually is Promoting..🤣

Mabel

23,710 posts

*Back to YTL Power Dividends*…

Alot of novice investors/ speculators complain about the low dividend received relative to the share price for YTL Power. The reason is simple, utility is a capex intensive business, most of the money is needed to reinvest in the business in order to grow it, and as long as management has shown to be able to deliver good results (which they have), Mabel don’t have an issue with this,

Expected DPS for FY24 is 7 sens vs FY23 6 sens (plus YTL Power has declared the latest quarter’s dividend of 4 sen), so it did increase , though 1% would argue that EPS went from 25 to 42.6, a 70% increase but dividends only increased 16%. Mabel would argue that the massive increase in share price more than made up for it, this stock won’t give u the 3-4% dividend you want (likely 1-2% yield), but the increase in share price should make up for it, assuming you bought it at a decent valuation

Over the last three years, YTL Power International Berhad has had the following dividend payout ratios:
2021: Approximately 40%
2022: Around 35%
2023: About 30%

These figures indicate the proportion of earnings that YTL Power has distributed to shareholders as dividends each year..

To Our Success !

Meow Meow Meow

Sslee

5,894 posts

Posted by Sslee > 6 days ago | Report Abuse

Repost:
Sslee Posted by BobAxelrod33 > Oct 14, 2023 7:46 AM | Report Abuse
"WHEN A CLOWN MOVES INTO A PALACE, HE DOESN'T BECOME A KING. THE PALACE BECOMES A CIRCUS" ------------- Turkish Proverb

Posted by Felix999 > Oct 14, 2023 8:58 AM | Report Abuse
"The greatest enemy of civilization is the barbarian within." - Heinrich Heine

I3 has many barbarians within and the worst type is Mike-tikus and his many ID. Many right and sound minded people already leave i3 for good because of people like Mike-tikus flooding the whole forum with his repeatedly cut and paste vulgarity, insult, slander and gibberish.

I3 used to be the place where investors can exchange useful opinion, figure and fact but sadly no more because of the many barbarian within.
14/10/2023 9:56 AM

Sslee

5,894 posts

Posted by Sslee > 6 days ago | Report Abuse

Reoost:
“Happiness and freedom begin with a clear understanding of one principle: Some things are within our control, and some things are not.”

In life you are going to come across many type of people so choose who are to be your friends and who to avoid/ignore because your future success will depend on this critical choice

Since Mikecyc has no capacity for self-reflection and repentance and uses his multiple ID Johnchew5 to seek attention hence the best way to deal with this type of people is totally ignore them and let them suffer the loneliness with no one to talk to.

musangfoxking

3,598 posts

Posted by musangfoxking > 6 days ago |

Post removed.Why?

kytan

2,865 posts

Posted by kytan > 6 days ago | Report Abuse

GeForce now is to play game without buying the graphic card if the player does not own and want to buy their own graphic card. Will Black WuKong help ytlpower communication business?

jjohnchew

2,507 posts

Posted by jjohnchew > 6 days ago | Report Abuse

Hoho here can exposed many Kon ..

Johnchew5

11,281 posts

Hoho as usual LeeTikus kongang non facts n figures to support YTLpower.🤣

Posted by michaelwoo > 6 days ago | Report Abuse

To all sinus. Please advise whether can Ytlp goes back up to mYR 5+ or more.

Johnchew5

11,281 posts

EU: British manufacturing sentiment falls in July. Optimism among British manufacturers dropped marginally in July but their output expectations hit the strongest since March 2022, a closely watched survey showed. After rising in April for the first time in nearly three years, the business confidence index fell to -9% from +9 in April, the latest quarterly Industrial Trends Survey results from the Confederation of British Industry showed. At the same time, export optimism was flat in the three months to July after rising in the preceding quarter. A net 3% of manufacturers said output volumes declined in the quarter to July compared to a net 3% reporting increase in the prior period. (RTT)

UK: Car production declines as manufacturers switch to electric models. UK car output declined in the first six months of the year as manufacturers continue to shift their investment to make electrified models, the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders said. In the first six months of the year, car production declined 7.6% from the previous year. Factories turned out 416,074 units, down by 34,094 from the same period last year. During January to June, electrified vehicle production also dropped 7.6% annually. (RTT)

star899

268 posts

YTL Power is the real power of the year !!!

star899

268 posts

US rate cut is imminent and it could be in September 2024. Most of the world markets could be reacted positively in the coming days. Likely YTL Power would be gap up next Monday (26-08-2024). Just my opinion.

Johnchew5

11,281 posts

Hoho why became Kon after Xingquin is delisted on 2019 , approached me 1st replied my question to Stockraider in Netx .Pity le CNY cannot fly back to hometown even mom is out from icu .

—-

Posted by Sslee > 11 hours ago | Report Abuse

Reoost:
“Happiness and freedom begin with a clear understanding of one principle: Some things are within our control, and some things are not.”

In life you are going to come across many type of people so choose who are to be your friends and who to avoid/ignore because your future success will depend on this critical choice

Since Mikecyc has no capacity for self-reflection and repentance and uses his multiple ID Johnchew5 to seek attention hence the best way to deal with this type of people is totally ignore them and let them suffer the loneliness with no one to talk to.

Johnchew5

11,281 posts

Hoho why is kon BobAxelrod :

1.) Use many aka id to promote stock : Trevor777 , Trevor888 , Dr Michael

2.) Used id image to Axe Capital CEO Billionaire BobbyAxelrod and New Boss Michael .

3.) posted in SD said will not recommend his best stock but is used so many aka id to promote stock .

4.) When ppl made a query on his promoted stock with Trading Software , replied is Dumb lah , Kid lah , n further with Suckk yr momm milk lah :

Posted by Sslee > 12 hours ago | Report Abuse

Repost:
Sslee Posted by BobAxelrod33 > Oct 14, 2023 7:46 AM | Report Abuse
"WHEN A CLOWN MOVES INTO A PALACE, HE DOESN'T BECOME A KING. THE PALACE BECOMES A CIRCUS" ------------- Turkish Proverb

Posted by Felix999 > Oct 14, 2023 8:58 AM | Report Abuse
"The greatest enemy of civilization is the barbarian within." - Heinrich Heine

I3 has many barbarians within and the worst type is Mike-tikus and his many ID. Many right and sound minded people already leave i3 for good because of people like Mike-tikus flooding the whole forum with his repeatedly cut and paste vulgarity, insult, slander and gibberish.

I3 used to be the place where investors can exchange useful opinion, figure and fact but sadly no more because of the many barbarian within.
14/10/2023 9:56 AM

Johnchew5

11,281 posts

Hoho Konartist sslleee partner with his Kon gang with aka id to play wayang in Tunepro, Netx , Insas , Hengyuan , Petronm and Bplant .

musangfoxking

3,598 posts

Posted by musangfoxking > 6 days ago |

Post removed.Why?

star899

268 posts

Posted by star899 > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

"Malaysia shines as foreign investors return "
The recent news reports.
(The news is crucial and important for the Bursa Market especially for heavyweight stocks like YTL Power, TNB , Maybank..........................

star899

268 posts

Those who haven't read the entire reports, may Google search the title "Malaysia shines as foreigners return"

star899

268 posts

Hopefully with the influx of foreign funds, more foreign investors would snap up more shares from Bursa especially one of the heavyweights , YTL Power.

star899

268 posts

YTL Power, the power of the year.

Johnchew5

11,281 posts

Posted by Johnchew5 > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

Hoho Referred to :
Kenanga Research & Investment
22 August 2024

So good QR ended June results, why TP is reduced from RM 5.44 to RM 5.20 ..

> Upgrade the stock to OUTPERFORM from MARKET PERFORM.
Risks to our recommendation include: (i) stringent ESG standards in developed markets, (ii) regulatory risk in the power sector in Singapore, (iii) the new data centre business fails to take off, and (iv) sustained losses at YES.

i.) stringent ESG standards in developed markets:

Wessex : latest QR is Profit from Previous Loss due to tariffs hike .

But need to pump in Huge Capex RM 20.0 Billion over next 5 Years .

Is struggling on :

👉Over the next five years, regulator Ofwat said it would allow companies to increase average bills by 21%, or 94 pounds ($121), to fund an 88 billion pounds infrastructure upgrade.

👉 The water companies said that was not enough to tackle sewage spills, fix leaking pipes and increase capacity for a growing population. They had wanted to raise bills by an average of 33%, to invest 105 billion pounds.

ii) regulatory risk in the power sector in Singapore.

👉 > PowerSeraya 2 Power Plant are anticipated going to be phase out due to the Service life :

> Steam Turbine Power Plant thermal project with a capacity of 1,448MW by 2027 ..

Pulau Seraya Combined Cycle Power Plant is a 1,472MW by by 2026 to 2031 .

>> Total Capacity = 2,920 MW

There is a New Power Plant announced on : 2 Feb 2024 — The construction of a 600MW hydrogen-ready CCGT is estimated to cost $800 million and is targeted to be completed by 31st December 2027.

👉 At the moment, Singapore is planned to import 2,000 MW Solar RE from Australia.

👉👉Forseen PowerSeraya future earnings Shl be deteriorating ..🤔

Key points :

Australian government approves AAPowerLink project to export solar to Singapore
By George Heynes
August 21, 2024

Renewable energy developer Sun Cable has secured approval from the Australian government for the Australian element of its Australia-Asia Power Link (AAPowerLink)interconnector.

In a statement made today (21 August), Sun Cable said the project has been assessed and approved by Tanya Plibersek, the Commonwealth’s minister for the Environment and Water, under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act (EPBC). This approval follows the previous one secured from the Northern Territory government and NT Environment Protection Authority for the interconnector last month.

👉👉It is worth noting that the project received approval from Indonesian authorities in 2021.
AAPowerLink to couple large-scale solar and energy storage deployment
The AAPowerLink project is set to deploy between 17GW and 20GW of solar capacity and between 36.42GWh and 42GWh of energy storage to connect Australia’s Northern Territory with Singapore via 4,300km of subsea cable and supply power to the territory’s capital, Darwin, and the surrounding region.

The project aims to deliver up to 4GW of green electricity to Darwin’s green industrial customers over two stages of development. 900MW will be provided in stage one and approximately 3GW in stage two. 1.75GW will also be supplied to customers in Singapore.

Johnchew5

11,281 posts

iii) the new data centre business fails to take off

👉 Referring to QR ended March and June 2024 , Only mentioned Anchor Tenant/ customer Sea Ltd since 2022 , which is a Ytl consortium Partner in a Digital Banking Licence, awarded on 2022 . 3 Digital Banks are in Operation out of 5 Digital Banking Licenses, excluding Sea Ltd .

👉 No mentioned progress on Nvidia DC ??

👉👉 Hoho partially repost :

Microsoft to Expand Data Centre hub in Johor, Malaysia
By Helen Sydney Adams
June 14, 2024

Microsoft to build data centre in Eco World's industrial park, as Microsoft commits to investing US$2.2bn in cloud computing & AI services in Malaysia
Eco World has sold land in Johor, Malaysia, to a local subsidiary of Microsoft, which will develop a data centre site there. This is just one of many data centre developments in Malaysia this year, as the country is becoming a hub of data activity. 

>> Microsoft has recently committed to investing US$2.2bn in cloud computing and AI services in Malaysia, over the next four years. 

Hoho Microsoft Azure is recruiting Cloud Engineers:

👉At the core of Microsoft Azure’s sustainability efforts is a commitment to use 100% renewable energy to power its data centres by 2025 .Azure has also implemented innovative cooling technologies, such as using outside air for cooling and capturing waste heat to warm local buildings.

Hoho same same in Kulai District, Eco Business Park VI in Senai, Kulai District, north of Johor .. is a competitor to Ytl Kulai 500 MW Green DC Park .

👉👉👉Better buy land to build DC site rather as a Tenant/ Customer.

👉👉👉👉 Can get Solar RE supply from CGPP 800 MW projects Winners ( ard 18 winners) thru TNB power grid as TPA .

Details of CRESS is going to be announced on September 2024 .

Johnchew5

11,281 posts

The cost of submarine cables varies quite a bit, with communication submarine cables typically costing between $30,000 and $50,000 per km and submarine power cables costing over $2.5 million a km.
28 Dec 2023

kytan

2,865 posts

Posted by kytan > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

https://youtu.be/42b6xJFUSss?si=qb_49EMxbpLi7if7

Why the mega plan to send Australian solar to Asia fail

Johnchew5

11,281 posts

Hoho the Video title is :

Why the mega plan to send Australian solar to Asia (almost) flopped
212K views · 2 weeks ago#solarpower #p

kytan

2,865 posts

Posted by kytan > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

By having all the consideration, 2030 sure can not achieve. Also still have many uncertainty inside

Ran271221

86 posts

Posted by Ran271221 > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

Terima kasih kytan. Dpt idea bila masa jual dgn banyak.

izoklse

5,248 posts

Posted by izoklse > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

Be careful guys. First CEB. Now GENETEC and NOTION. NEXT not sure which counter going down like waterfall.

chon99

1,492 posts

Posted by chon99 > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

https://www.ytlpowerinternational.com/press-releases/
YTL Power press releases for latest financial reports

chon99

1,492 posts

Posted by chon99 > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

Let's focus more on YTL Power as this is a YTL power forum. Thank you for your attention and cooperation. Please contribute more facts and figures on YTL Power.
Make YTL Power shines as a global star that makes Malaysia proud.

Johnchew5

11,281 posts

Hoho interesting loh :

Floating solar plant with LCOE of $0.051/kWh comes online in Malaysia

The 13 MW array was deployed in the Selangor state on the west coast of Peninsular Malaysia. The plant is selling power to local utility TNB under a 21-year PPA. The project’s levelized cost of energy is MYR 0.21608 ($0.051).

OCTOBER 21, 2020

https://www.pv-magazine.com/2020/10/21/floating-solar-plant-with-lcoe-of-0-038-kwh-comes-online-in-malaysia/

How abt Indonesia RE progress ..

Johnchew5

11,281 posts

YTLpower QR ended June 2024

Hoho very interesting on 4QFY24 Window Dressing:

PBT RM 1239 million - RM 1060 million ( increased of Borrowings) - RM 202 million ( fair value gain from Ranhill acquisition ) =
-RM 23 million

star899

268 posts

What I feel is that YTL Power should be linked to TNB . In so doing YTL Power would be able to immediately come to its aid when there were any major electricity interruptions.

Johnchew5

11,281 posts

Australia Approves $19B Solar Project to Power Singapore via Submarine Cable
Associated Press
August 21, 2024

Newcastle, Australia. An ambitious plan to build a massive solar farm in remote northern Australia that would transmit energy by submarine cable to Singapore is a step closer after the Australian government granted environmental approvals for the 30 billion Australian dollar ($19 billion) project Wednesday.

Australia Approves $19B Solar Project to Power Singapore via Submarine Cable https://jakartaglobe.id/business/australia-approves-19b-solar-project-to-power-singapore-via-submarine-cable

Post a Comment
Market Buzz