YTL POWER INTERNATIONAL BHD

KLSE (MYR): YTLPOWR (6742)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.05 (1.37%)

Day's Change

3.60 - 3.72

Trading Volume

46 people like this.

32,193 comment(s). Last comment by facsc118 6 hours ago

FAInvestor

201 posts

Posted by FAInvestor > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

Nvidia rallied 2.18% last night making Nasdaq close green whereas Dow closed in deep red.

Aero1

1,452 posts

Posted by Aero1 > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

KUALA LUMPUR (Sept 26): Malaysia is now more selective in choosing foreign direct investment, with a focus on projects that would greatly benefit the country, especially in the field of artificial intelligence (AI) and data technology, said Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.

He said the opening of a data centre that used to depend on cheap energy and water to move and cool the operating system is now no longer sufficient.

"Now, if you want to [establish] a data centre, you must have AI,” he said, referring to projects like Nvidia's in Johor.

https://theedgemalaysia.com/node/728036

dragon328

2,487 posts

Posted by dragon328 > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

@Beta Ipoh, good for you to have been holding onto YTL Power for 10 years. You should thank yourself for the perseverance and faith in the company, to have held it through the worst period of the company in 2018-2020 when the share price dropped to below 70 sen, and withstand the temptation to lock in profit when the share price had jumped up 100% to RM1.40 or 400% to RM3.50. You are being rewarded for the patience and long term investment mentality.

Having said that, I hope you now have a better understanding of the company's various businesses, the earnings prospects and the challenges faced by each subsidiary, and are in a better position to evaluate the best time to lock in profits, or to hold on for many more years to collect dividends, whichever way to suit your investment and financial needs.

yewnamhung

345 posts

Posted by yewnamhung > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

Well done ~~~~" As u sow, so shall u reap"

OTB

11,478 posts

Posted by OTB > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

"Now, if you want to [establish] a data centre, you must have AI,” he said, referring to projects like Nvidia's in Johor.

https://theedgemalaysia.com/node/728036
-------------------------------
Our PMX mentioned about the partnership between YTLPower and Nvidia on the AI data centre in Johor, I believe the worst is over for YTLPower.

I believe there is no case regarding the MACC investigation on YTL Communications now.

YTLPower is on track with the AI data centre development, and Nvidia has committed to deliver the necessary GPUs towards the end of 2024 for the first phase of its 50MW AI data centre which is being funded by Nvidia itself.

According to Jensen Huang, for every dollar a cloud service provider spends with Nvidia, it translates to $5 worth of rentals. The profit margin of the AI data centre is very huge (400% margin).

I believe the share price of YTLPower will break new highs once the joint venture with Nvidia on the AI Supercomputer data center project is kicked off at the end of 2024.

YTLPower will benefit from JS-SEZ project. The agreement between Johor and Singapore will be signed in November 2024.

Based on my earnings projection and if I apply a PER of 12x and 15x, I expect YTL Power shares to trade up to the below prices.
2024 - EPS of 42 sen x 12-15 = RM5.04 - RM6.30
2025 - EPS of 50 sen x 12-15 = RM6.00 - RM7.50
2026 - EPS of 60 sen x 12-15 = RM7.20 - RM9.00

Good luck.
Thank you.

yewnamhung

345 posts

Posted by yewnamhung > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

wah lau eh ~~~ 好势了 !

CIO888

31 posts

Posted by CIO888 > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

I believe the share price of YTLPower will break new highs once the joint venture with Nvidia on the AI Supercomputer data center project is kicked off at the end of 2024.

YTLPower will benefit from JS-SEZ project. The agreement between Johor and Singapore will be signed in November 2024.

Based on my earnings projection and if I apply a PER of 12x and 15x, I expect YTL Power shares to trade up to the below prices.
2026 - EPS of 60 sen x 12-15 = RM7.20 - RM9.00
*****************************************************************************************
Hi, Mr. Ooi, if wait for golden cross formation when the 20-day EMA line (around RM 3.79) cut above the 70-day SMA line (around RM 4.37), buy based on TA when the price around RM 4.37 to RM 4.40?

As I hv bought some at 3.35 and 3.50, will top up again around 3.80 level. Thank you.

CIO888

31 posts

Posted by CIO888 > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

I believe it is the right strategy to use this method.
I hope the worst is over for YTLPower.
Then you should see your profit grows.
Good luck.
Thank you.
*********************************************************************************
Thank you Mr. Ooi. I will use this strategy to trade and decision make based on the trend/ share price movement. For YTLP, always FA come first. Thank you.

dragon328

2,487 posts

Looks like business rivals of YTL have not given up so easily to tarnish the name of the group, but the real money bet was in the short selling. We are not seeing much short selling lately on YTLP and most of the short selling positions have been closed when the share price dropped towards RM3.30.

MACC was supposed to investigate on the last payment claims in the 1Bestarinet project to see if there is any corruption issue involved, and they have found nothing wrong. Now they switch to checking on data quality in the 8,000 schools? That has been checked and cleared by the parliament PAC few times. Firstly I am not sure if that is under the scope of MACC as it only involves the quality of services delivered under government contracts which come under PAC, secondly I believe YTL Comms has delivered everything required under the 1Bestarinet project based on contract specifications, nothing more nothing less, and has not earned anything from this project award.

This is seen as the last desperate move by business rivals to tarnish the name of YTL group when more mega government contracts are to be dished out in coming months.

I believe YTL will emerge unscratched from this episode.

chamlo

1,263 posts

Posted by chamlo > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

YTL-related counters among top losers as MACC probe 1BestariNet project delivery quality
https://www.nst.com.my/business/corporate/2024/09/1111041/ytl-related-counters-among-top-losers-macc-probe-1bestarinet

Posted by ValueInvestor888 > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

the most will be penalty charges for failing to provide quality mobile data to schools. To me is not really a bad news...we get more clarity.

chamlo

1,263 posts

Posted by chamlo > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

What clarity? MACC no more investigate or so-call nothing?

Posted by Permutation > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

OTB profit projection;---
"Based on my earnings projection and if I apply a PER of 12x and 15x, I expect YTL Power shares to trade up to the below prices.
2026 - EPS of 60 sen x 12-15 = RM7.20 - RM9.00 "
TQ OTB.

@dragon328, Is your profit projection similar with that of OTB ? TQ

dragon328

2,487 posts

@Permutation, FY2024 EPS is already announced to be 42.7 sen, done.

For FY2025, I am looking to revise downwards the net profit projection for YTLP by RM150-200m due to strengthening ringgit, to about RM3.6 billion or EPS of 44 sen.

For FY2026, I am still looking at net profit of RM4.7 billion or EPS of 58 sen.

That's my best guess for now.

Posted by Permutation > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

@ dragon 328
TQVM

Posted by Antifanaticracism > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

Dragon,OTB 👍

wangge

679 posts

Posted by wangge > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

I am older than OTB, more than 45 years in market, sometime log into I3 for YTL power forum, i read dragon n OTB material , Dragon has more material, for benefit doubt , if dragon only for the benefit of public , gods know . he is super good. We can respect him , only one thing how come he is so close to YTLP insider? Whatever , dragon is dragon , the dragon is super good

wangge

679 posts

Posted by wangge > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

I am older than OTB, more than 45 years in market, sometime log into I3 for YTL power forum, i read dragon n OTB material , Dragon has more material, for benefit doubt , if dragon only for the benefit of public , gods know . he is super good. We can respect him , only one thing how come he is so close to YTLP insider? Whatever , dragon is dragon , the dragon is super good

fx115w

65 posts

Posted by fx115w > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

To investigate Data Quality of internet? LMAO.
Can MACC look into my sub-par UNIFi or DigiCelcom Internet speed which always lagged and slower than promised?

ken2004

1,614 posts

Posted by ken2004 > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

But what MACC can charge on quality as cannot be the thing is sub quality or even not up to standard, or even some not been deliver to the school? Won't this part of the PAC thing and even legal suit from the gov?

ChloeTai

1,443 posts

Posted by ChloeTai > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

In FaceBook, I saw FED CUT RATES! IS IT TIME TO BUY? LEARN FROM OOI TEIK BEE! With his photo there. Is this a scam?

OTB

11,478 posts

Posted by OTB > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

ChloeTai,
Yes, it is a scam.
I have informed all my students.
Please avoid it.
Thank you.

Beta Ipoh

17 posts

Posted by Beta Ipoh > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

There are a lot of scams like this on Facebook right now, using famous investor photos or voices of investmencelebrities to recruit people to join investment groups. And they are all sponsored content.

Posted by janetchiam8 > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

"We have to look into this as under the law, if claims are made and supply is not furnished, in principle this is a crime," he tol"

FAInvestor

201 posts

Posted by FAInvestor > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

MACC said it is too early to conclude if there was corruption involved and it will take some time to investigate all 8000 schools for services been provided.

Posted by janetchiam8 > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

Do we need to worry?
Assam Baki cited the words
"false claims. criminal investigations. possible elements of corruption "

cwc1981

1,333 posts

Posted by cwc1981 > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

If pay and never deliver can just refund?

cwc1981

1,333 posts

Posted by cwc1981 > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

No need to drag

topkek

498 posts

Posted by topkek > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

It's like u steal something, caught on cctv. Wana return back ok kah to avoid criminal charges?

SC724

64 posts

Posted by SC724 > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

YTL is well known for it integrity, so when everyone fear is a good time to buy

SC724

64 posts

Posted by SC724 > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

If you check YTL history, they even completed projects at a loss

Beta Ipoh

17 posts

Posted by Beta Ipoh > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

sc724 u r right,everyone fear is a good time to buy,and keep away from the market because there is too much noise and stock prices can affect mood and your decisions.

PureBULL ...

2,537 posts

Posted by PureBULL ... > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

YTLPOWR
likely will do its 1st HL soon.

it went purebear into a series of LL when its 4 hr macd dipped under the 0 axis
on July 15th, 2024 at high of 493.
It had since shown a nice recovery sign with macd above the 0 axis now, meaning
demand is rising for the stock.
the next imminent 2 hr macd GC pt cld be the 1st HL, the v early sign of doing up-trending again...
let's hope for it to form niceeely,,,

https://www.tradingview.com/x/G2vVLy4S/
https://www.tradingview.com/x/3UKCBaI1/

NB:
DC Theme.Play
has disappeared so soon.
All caused by the super sudden strengthening of RM vs usd by 12%,
since June 30th 2024, the last day of last QR.
https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=USD&To=MYR

TECH stocks crashed non.stop n that forced YTLP with new AI DC in JB to crash badly too.
https://www.tradingview.com/x/cReWbUFp/

https://www.tradingview.com/x/S1yU3MNK/

Willtolive

523 posts

Posted by Willtolive > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

madani gov serious to catch bribery offenders

hng33

20,323 posts

Posted by hng33 > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

https://www.home.emcsg.com/publications

Singapore wholesale energy price in Q3 average range (80-120) vs Q2 (100-200).

From the chart, Wholesale energy price in Q3 is much lower energy price recorded in if compared to Q2

file:///C:/Users/Ng%20Chai%20Heng/Downloads/Public%20Daily%20Trading%20Report%2026092024%20(1).pdf

file:///C:/Users/Ng%20Chai%20Heng/Downloads/Public%20Daily%20Trading%20Report%2007062024.pdf

klee

3,413 posts

Posted by klee > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

jialat,spore wholesale energy price dropped alongside SGD
double whammy

tim09

222 posts

Posted by tim09 > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

This 1bestarinet issue is a witchhunt against certain parties.

klee

3,413 posts

okla no more bottom fish for me....

klee

3,413 posts

Macc plus Spore revenue....jialat

Posted by Antifanaticracism > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

Some mishap or mistakes in business is quite normal. No big deal. If got some mistakes, it not the end of the world. When u drive car and involves in minor accident. No big deal. Just pay the fine. Ytl no problem.

Posted by Antifanaticracism > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

Just tell me who made no mistakes. Even police made mistakes

hng33

20,323 posts

Posted by hng33 > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

Very strange indeed for those so call master keep raise target price, citing so call massive profit coming and yet keep ignoring factual that YTL major earning contributor is facing numerous headwind ahead, such as YTL power seraya earlier 2 year extreme super low lock in feed gas price which allow super profit margin for last 2 year have ended soon and factual that wholesale energy price have slump to 2 year lowest at around sgd 80 now + SGD exchange have tumbling to 2.5 year lowest level, which based on exchange alone eroding as much as 8% profit margin forward.

OTB

11,478 posts

Posted by OTB > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

YTLPower is on track with the AI data centre development, and Nvidia has committed to deliver the necessary GPUs towards the end of 2024 for the first phase of its 50MW AI data centre which is being funded by Nvidia itself.

According to Jensen Huang, for every dollar a cloud service provider spends with Nvidia, it translates to $5 worth of rentals. The profit margin of the AI data centre is very huge (400% margin).

How much is the PAT of YTLPower from AI data centre after the joint venture project with Nvidia is kicked off at the end of 2024 ?
I believe the PAT increases here is more than enough to offset the lower earning from PowerSeraya and also the losses from the appreciation of RM.

The only concern here is from MACC which will take time to resolve.
Foreign funds will not accept the long outstanding issue of MACC because YTLPower is the international company which operates business in many countries in the world.
This will indirectly put pressure on the government to resolve this MACC case.

Quote from dragon328.
MACC was supposed to investigate on the last payment claims in the 1Bestarinet project to see if there is any corruption issue involved, and they have found nothing wrong.

Now they switch to checking on data quality in the 8,000 schools ?
That has been checked and cleared by the parliament PAC few times.

I believe YTL Comms has delivered everything required under the 1Bestarinet project based on contract specifications, nothing more nothing less, and has not earned anything from this project award.
Unquote !!

I also believe TS Francis Yeoh will put in more effort to settle MACC's case with the present government.

Good luck.
Thank you.

OTB

11,478 posts

Posted by OTB > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

How much is the PAT of YTLPower from AI data centre after the joint venture project with Nvidia is kicked off at the end of 2024 ?
I believe the PAT increases here is more than enough to offset the lower earning from PowerSeraya and also the losses from the appreciation of RM.
.... I repeat ....
Good luck.
Thank you.

ks55

4,108 posts

Posted by ks55 > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

Posted by hng33 > Sep 27, 2024 12:45 PM | Report Abuse

Very strange indeed for those so call master keep raise target price, citing so call massive profit coming and yet keep ignoring factual that YTL major earning contributor is facing numerous headwind ahead, such as YTL power seraya earlier 2 year extreme super low lock in feed gas price which allow super profit margin for last 2 year have ended soon and factual that wholesale energy price have slump to 2 year lowest at around sgd 80 now + SGD exchange have tumbling to 2.5 year lowest level, which based on exchange alone eroding as much as 8% profit margin forward.

=========================

I concur.

Post a Comment