YTL POWER INTERNATIONAL BHD

KLSE (MYR): YTLPOWR (6742)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.01 (0.27%)

Day's Change

3.65 - 3.74

Trading Volume

46 people like this.

32,166 comment(s). Last comment by GlobalEquity 24 minutes ago

rr88

6,532 posts

Posted by rr88 > 2024-02-23 10:34 | Report Abuse

Another one of those take a position, pump n dump intraday in ytl. The drop will be delayed a week or two.

jeffchan1901

1,402 posts

Posted by jeffchan1901 > 2024-02-23 10:53 | Report Abuse

Great results from YTLP, indeed as expected.

@Dragon328, can you share your thoughts whether if foreign funds are main buyers and our local currency continue to fall to new depths, won't the 'gains' from increase in share price be negated for them? In the longer term unless there is a more positive economic outlook towards Malaysia and hence the Ringgit performance over the other major currrency, it would be a volatile market as foreign funds will treat this as a trading ground to pump and dump to make quick gains?

IMO, Caveat Emptor comes to mind.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2024-02-23 11:03 | Report Abuse

Buy cheap earn profit$, chase high lose money

ks55

4,108 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2024-02-23 11:04 | Report Abuse

YTL Power is not Nvidia, Nvidia derives most profit from AI chips manufacturing, software and gaming. YTL Power uses Nvidia AI chips and software like Nvidia NeMo, it is venturing into new business sector just like other Data Center player (Microsoft in coming in a big way in Sedenak Tech Park and NCIP). More so, YTL Power is just a client and Nvidia is not putting a single sen into this Data Center. Read carefully the write up below and get the fact right : -

"Kuala Lumpur, December 8, 2023

YTL Power International Berhad (YTL) today announced a collaboration with NVIDIA to build AI infrastructure that will bring the fastest supercomputers to Malaysia by the middle of 2024.

The announcement was made today in a meeting between Jensen Huang, founder and CEO of NVIDIA, and the Prime Minister of Malaysia, Dato’ Seri Anwar bin Ibrahim. Also present were Tengku Datuk Seri Zafrul Abdul Aziz, Minister of Investment, Trade and Industry (Miti) and Dato’ Yeoh Seok Hong, Managing Director of YTL Power International Berhad.

Tengku Zafrul, speaking after the visit, said, “We welcome partnerships such as the one between YTL and NVIDIA, exactly the kind of strategic collaborations targeted by our New Industrial Master Plan 2030. By offering supercomputing cloud services and leveraging AI to power innovations, such partnerships enhance our economic complexity, paving the way for us to become a high technology and high-income nation while further positioning Malaysia as a top investment destination.”

YTL will deploy NVIDIA H100 Tensor Core GPUs, which power today’s most advanced AI data centres, and use NVIDIA AI Enterprise software to streamline production AI. NVIDIA AI Enterprise includes NVIDIA NeMo, an end-to-end, cloud-native framework for building, customising, and deploying generative AI models from anywhere.

NVIDIA H100 GPUs deliver industry-leading generative AI and can speed up large language models (LLMs) by an incredible 30X compared with the previous-generation GPUs.

The AI infrastructure will be hosted in the YTL Green Data Center Park in Kulai, Johor, a 500 MW facility developed by YTL that will be uniquely powered by an equivalent amount of on-site solar energy. YTL Communications Sdn Bhd, the telecommunications subsidiary of YTL, will own and manage the AI infrastructure that will provide AI computing services to the nation. YTL Communications owns and operates a national mobile network and was the first to offer 4G and 5G services in the country under its “Yes” brand.

The AI infrastructure will provide the foundation for scientific research and the development of solutions and applications that will accelerate Malaysia’s progress towards becoming an AI nation.

YTL will not only provide green, energy-efficient AI infrastructure to scientists, developers, and startups across the nation, it will also create AI-specific applications and services for its customers. YTL plans to use NVIDIA NeMo to customise and deploy a Malay language foundation model that will be sensitive to Malaysia’s multi-cultural heritage.

“This collaboration with NVIDIA comes at an opportune time. In the 12 months since the launch of ChatGPT, we have seen how AI is changing the way we work, live, and learn. Having our own supercomputing infrastructure and the ability to train talent locally will accelerate Malaysia’s advancement towards being a top AI nation. This will be the foundation for a digital economy powered by innovative solutions and applications built on our very own sovereign LLM,” said Dato’ Yeoh Seok Hong, Managing Director of YTL Power International. “This collaboration with NVIDIA is poised to bring many benefits to the nation. Our green data centres and low energy solutions are an ideal fit to be used with their high-performance supercomputers. We are excited to begin this journey to bring our nation to the forefront of AI development.”

“Malaysia is embracing AI to enhance jobs, drive competitiveness, and supercharge innovation,” said Raymond Teh, Senior Vice President of the Asia-Pacific region at NVIDIA. “This collaboration will help deliver advanced AI computing infrastructure to enable Malaysia to build its own LLMs and power the country’s next wave of generative AI applications.”

Datuk Wira Arham Abdul Rahman, the CEO of Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA), was also present to witness the occasion and said that “MIDA applauds the unwavering commitment of YTL to embrace and invest in cutting-edge technology, through partnership with NVIDIA. In an era fuelled by technological advancements, it is truly commendable to witness YTL’s pivotal role in developing a robust data infrastructure. This initiative not only underscores YTL’s dedication to innovation, but more importantly, contributes towards advancing our local business ecosystem technologically. ”

ks55

4,108 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2024-02-23 11:05 | Report Abuse

The YTL Group’s deep experience and expertise in infrastructure development will enable the rapid rollout of AI data centres, with the first phase expected to be operational by mid-2024.

ks55

4,108 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2024-02-23 11:09 | Report Abuse

YTL Communications Sdn Bhd, the telecommunications subsidiary of YTL, will own and manage the AI infrastructure that will provide AI computing services to the nation.

ks55

4,108 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2024-02-23 11:11 | Report Abuse

YTL Power will have to come up with all the capital. How? You better do a thorough study.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2024-02-23 11:19 | Report Abuse

Patience is virtue in making profit$.

It's all about wait...wait..and wait for the real breakout from down trending...

Wait for a long green candle show lah, bilises

Agjl

5,745 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2024-02-23 11:19 | Report Abuse

Wakakakaka RR88, now u said the drop will delay another 1-2 weeks. U see the trend too strong cos most IB up theor target price. Thus u drag ur time to 1-2 weeks. Chances ate u will be right after a strong rise eventually will drop. Wakakakakakaka. U said the same at ytl. Nice entertainment. Keep it up!!! Cheers.. u and the gang never failed to amuse me

Agjl

5,745 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2024-02-23 11:21 | Report Abuse

KingKKK bro….our PBA is also moving today. Bravo and cheers to those who has YTLP and PBA

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2024-02-23 11:22 | Report Abuse

Watch out....shorties may put up a horror red carpet show this afternoon

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2024-02-23 11:24 | Report Abuse

Watch out for lower high, lower low pattern, bilises

MrFox

1,265 posts

Posted by MrFox > 2024-02-23 11:30 | Report Abuse

Agjl@@@
KingKKK bro….our PBA is also moving today. Bravo and cheers to those who has YTLP and PBA
Me bot a few on 26/1 to play contra nut it didn’t work out!! So I decided to hold! Didn’t buy to average lower.
Now am still holding..now becomes my main dish also, like YTLP!!!

dragon328

2,487 posts

Posted by dragon328 > 2024-02-23 11:38 | Report Abuse

@ks55, I am afraid you are wrong in your statements above.

Nvidia derives about 80% of its revenue from AI data centre business, the same it is in collaboration with YTLP to develop in Kulai.

Nvidia will be co-investing in this new AI data centre, it is malicious to say that YTLP will have to come out with all the capital. Irresponsible statement.

MrFox

1,265 posts

Posted by MrFox > 2024-02-23 11:40 | Report Abuse

KARMA is REAL!!!!
you will get what you give!!!
Whispering words of wisdom!!!

dragon328

2,487 posts

Posted by dragon328 > 2024-02-23 11:40 | Report Abuse

If you are not expert on AI data centre, do not simply put up sabotage statements.

I am not expert on this area, so I have not written much about it. But some analysts have become more bullish than us on this new business area, forecasting that this segment may contribute RM1.2 billion of net profit to YTLP every year from 2026.

ks55

4,108 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2024-02-23 11:49 | Report Abuse

" I swear to give the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth"

Some choose to give some truth, not the whole truth. Suppression of evidence is not done in good faith.

Read carefully the above statement and make an informed decision. The statement was given by the owner of the company.

dragon328

2,487 posts

Posted by dragon328 > 2024-02-23 11:50 | Report Abuse

@jeffchan1901, on the issue of weak ringgit, it is really a matter of strong US dollars and US Fed actions over the next few months. US Fed has aggressively raised interest rates to 5.5% in past 12 months, higher than our OPR now by about 200 bps. Obviously some foreign funds will pull back funds to the US to enjoy the much higher bond yields there, and that puts pressure on emerging market currencies including ringgit. Singapore dollar is more or less pegged to the US dollars with MAS managing it well to contain inflation there.

Foreign funds have been pouring money into Bursa Malaysia since early Jan 2024, in fact towards end of Dec 2023. We can see YTL and YTL Power share prices started climbing up by 5%-10% towards end Dec 2023 after both were included into KLCI component in mid Dec, so there was a lag of about 2 weeks.

Foreign funds typically come into Malaysia when they see upsides in the currency over next few months. Economists are predicting ringgit to appreciate to RM4.50-4.40 by end 2024, that is likely to be inline with the timeline for US Fed to start cutting interest rates in 2H 2024. When US Fed starts cutting rates, now expected to start in June, bond yields there will drop and some funds will find it less attractive to hold and take profit as bond prices climb up (when yields drop). Some of these funds will look for higher returns elsewhere.

I am confident many of these funds will find Malaysia stock market very attractive, especially with the backdrop of an appreciating ringgit in next few months. Say if ringgit appreciates by 10% to RM4.40 level, foreign funds that buy into Bursa stocks now will enjoy additional upside of 10% when they exit end of 2024 when ringgit indeed goes up to RM4.40 level.

Statistics shows that foreign funds still accumulated shares in YTL Power in early February, while they may have paused in past 2 weeks after the share price hit RM4.24 peak. I expect new wave of foreign funds will pour into YTL and YTL Power next month after these 2 stocks are officially included into MSCI.

ks55

4,108 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2024-02-23 11:53 | Report Abuse

How much should be the capital out lay? How much Nvidia going to contribute? Over promotion without due care and attention amounts to things not done in good faith. Simply put it, having some 'cheating ingredient'.

ks55

4,108 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2024-02-23 11:55 | Report Abuse

Show me facts.

Show me figures.

Show me facts and figures.

MOBAjobg

327 posts

Posted by MOBAjobg > 2024-02-23 12:00 | Report Abuse

NVDA = creator of H100 GPUs
MSFT = mahaguru AI DC
META = super elite AI DC
Coreweaver = elite AI DC
YTLp = AI DC

So, YTLp has made it into the ranks of the haves.

ks55

4,108 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2024-02-23 12:00 | Report Abuse

Until now everything is silent on this investment. What is the total cost? What we know owner is YTL Communications Sdn Bhd. To what extend Nividia is involved?

Mabel

23,941 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2024-02-23 12:06 | Report Abuse

Haha Daily Chart still looks bearish..

However our YTL Power so Power..

Looks like TA lose big time to FA this time..hihihi..

To Our Success!

probability

14,490 posts

Posted by probability > 2024-02-23 12:11 | Report Abuse

ks55 says Jensen Huang came to Malaysia with a cheating ingredient...while nicely put his own word 'YTLP has to come out with all the capital'...

dragon328

2,487 posts

Posted by dragon328 > 2024-02-23 12:11 | Report Abuse

The press statement on the AL data centre collaboration between YTLP and Nvidia typically does not give much detail on the deal. I also will not bother to speculate on the % shareholding of each and % capital contribution to the JV. As I always trust the ability of YTL Power management to strike good deals that give double-digit IRR.

In any case, the market has not given any value to the AI data centre business which has yet to contribute any earnings. As written in my article, YTL Power current earnings base of RM3.4 billion or EPS of 42 sen can be sustained with its existing operations from PowerSeraya, Wessex, Jordan and Jawa Power.

Taking the more conservative valuation by Mr. OTB at 12x PER, YTL Power should be worth RM5.04 based on current earnings base.

I am a little more bullish to peg a higher PER of 15x, as I see more foreign funds will come into Bursa later this year, and KLCI general market PER is 15x. I see no reason why YTLP should be trading below the general market PER of 15x, as it is big, liquid and growing. I see good chance of it hitting RM6.30 before AI data centre business starts contributing earnings.

I will only assess the earnings potential of the AI data centre segment after it starts reporting profit in 2H 2024.

OTB

11,477 posts

Posted by OTB > 2024-02-23 12:12 | Report Abuse

I did not tell any lie in I3.
I believe dragon328 can be trusted.
I also did my analysis, I find out that all statements from dragon328 are true facts.
I never attack anyone in I3, I just speak the truth.

I am not defending dragon328, all of us here should appreciate the effort put up by dragon328 rather than attack him.
I really appreciate the good job of dragon328.
Thank you.

ks55

4,108 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2024-02-23 12:13 |

Post removed.Why?

Mabel

23,941 posts

Posted by Mabel > 2024-02-23 12:14 | Report Abuse

Cheers OTB and dragon328!!!

To Our Success !

Meow

beinvested

2,445 posts

Posted by beinvested > 2024-02-23 12:14 | Report Abuse

QR @31DEC2023 published

ks55

4,108 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2024-02-23 12:16 |

Post removed.Why?

probability

14,490 posts

Posted by probability > 2024-02-23 12:16 | Report Abuse

where is your fact ks55? none of the writers here including dragon328 incorporated AI Data Center earnings on YTL's valuation...

how you got cheated?

you seem to be in your own imaginary world

dragon328

2,487 posts

Posted by dragon328 > 2024-02-23 12:19 | Report Abuse

Why are some parties so hung up with capital contribution to AI data centre?

YTL Power will come out with all the capital money required to fund the traditional data centre secured with SEA Group, the 1st phase capital was announced to be RM1.5 billion and YTLPI has secured necessary funding of 80% to fund it. Lenders were comfortable with the project returns then only they would lend 80% to the project.

For all the utility projects YTLP was involved before, such as the Paka & Pasir Gudang power stations, the Jordan power plant etc, in which case didn't YTLP come out with all the necessary funding to fund the projects? And each has proven great success!

PMX has already mentioned the total capital outlay for the AI data centre project would be RM20 billion, and various foreign news sources also stated similar figures of USD4.2 billion. Still certain parties are not convinced with this. Why we care if YTLP were to contribute RM10b or RM20b of capital to fund the project, as long as it is a good project in high demand now, the project will give good returns, as what we can see from latest Nvidia results that show increasing revenue from its AI data centre business.

OTB

11,477 posts

Posted by OTB > 2024-02-23 12:21 | Report Abuse

Nvidia and YTLPower partner for USD 4.3 billion AI data centers in Malaysia
Please read the link below.
https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/en/news/nvidia-ytl-power-partner-for-43bn-ai-data-centers-in-malaysia/
USD 4.3 billion = RM 20.00 billion (1 USD = RM 4.65).

There is no mention the sum invested by Nvidia, the total sum involved in this project is RM 20 billion.
Of course I believe Nvidia will come up with capital in this project.
RM 20 billion capital is a small sum of money to Nvidia.
Thank you.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2024-02-23 12:22 | Report Abuse

ks55

Until now everything is silent on this investment. What is the total cost? What we know owner is YTL Communications Sdn Bhd. To what extend Nividia is involved?

Ans: Saving the killer sharks' answer last. You know the answer lah....what to expect after all the good news out (bad news' turn)

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2024-02-23 12:24 | Report Abuse

It's a big sharks' war zone now. Bilises must have the discipline to just stay and watch from the side

Posted by Permutation > 2024-02-23 12:25 | Report Abuse

Well said @dragon328, as long as the project give good returns ,YTLP will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2024-02-23 12:25 | Report Abuse

And wait for reversal pattern to buy in again

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2024-02-23 12:27 | Report Abuse

As for now, expect to watch "lower high, lower low" retracement show

MOBAjobg

327 posts

Posted by MOBAjobg > 2024-02-23 12:28 | Report Abuse

Don’t be naive and assume all the costs related to AI DC are paid by YTLp only.

dragon328

2,487 posts

Posted by dragon328 > 2024-02-23 12:29 | Report Abuse

So what if YTLP were to fund the entire project cost?

YTL Power has about RM1.5-2.0 billion of cash at the holding level and strong operating cashflows of RM6 billion a year. It will have no problem coming out with the equity money of RM4b to fund this, and I expect no issue of it getting lenders to lend to the project.

YTLP is innovative in finding funding for its projects. Last time for building the Malaysian power plants, YTLP went for IPC listing to get billions of ringgit funding well before the power plants were commissioned.

Think twice before you want to tarnish the image of a great company.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2024-02-23 12:31 | Report Abuse

It's all about wait...wait..and wait for the real breakout from down trending...

Discipline = No reversal chart, no long green candle, no buy

cgtan2020

684 posts

Posted by cgtan2020 > 2024-02-23 12:39 | Report Abuse

@ks55

YTL Communications Sdn Bhd. is 60% wholly owned subsidiary of YTL Power, there are 40% other shareholder who will foot the bills. As of now, nobody know how it will be structure out, take out the DC business, YTLPower is already cheap. Nvidia committed to supply the processors that is the important things, leadtime with high volume of Nvidia processor can be 6 months to 12months. Most likely rainbow bond will be issued with warrants to make the bond attractive and to rewards long term shareholders. It has been years since the last bond issued.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2024-02-23 12:40 | Report Abuse

No matter what...no more good news= bad news

And no matter how green in the morning session, the red carpet show in the afternoon can be anticipated

The sooner bilises return the tickets to sharks' fins (read as hands), the sooner the chart will break out uptrend again

After all, again, rr88 & me are just boys crying wolf wolf; but it's the sharks' job to push up a long green candle to let the remainder bilises earn fat fat

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2024-02-23 12:42 | Report Abuse

As with religion, believers would do everything to silent sceptics

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2024-02-23 12:42 | Report Abuse

Discipline = No reversal chart, no long green candle, no buy

cgtan2020

684 posts

Posted by cgtan2020 > 2024-02-23 12:52 | Report Abuse

Kenanga New TP 4.10 ⚒
Uniholder TP 4.28 😁
CLSA TP RM 4.40 😁
RHB New TP RM4.69😁
SimplyyWlSt TP RM4.95😁
AmInvest New TP 5.10 😁
HLIB New TP RM 5.55 😁
KAF New Equities TP 4.47 😁
Maybank TP 4.00 😁
TA New TP 4.48 😁
CGS New TP4.50 😁
CLSA New TP 4.65 😁
Affin Hwang TP 2.70 ⚒

Source: Bloomberg/The Edge

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2024-02-23 13:02 | Report Abuse

Affin Hwang TP 2.70...haha...there

As with religion, believers tend to
outnumber sceptics

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2024-02-23 13:03 | Report Abuse

The sooner bilises return the tickets to sharks' fins (read as hands), the sooner the chart will break out uptrend again

After all, again, rr88 & me are just boys crying wolf wolf; but it's the sharks' job to push up a long green candle to let the remainder bilises earn fat fat

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2024-02-23 13:06 | Report Abuse

Let the sharks have all the tickets back at Affin Hwang TP (the sooner, the better....can make good profit$ another round when truly bottom......up)

paktua73

18,275 posts

Posted by paktua73 > 2024-02-23 14:34 |

Post removed.Why?

Post a Comment