YTL POWER INTERNATIONAL BHD

KLSE (MYR): YTLPOWR (6742)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.22 (6.01%)

Day's Change

3.61 - 3.93

Trading Volume

44 people like this.

30,568 comment(s). Last comment by star899 17 minutes ago

dragon328

2,412 posts

Posted by dragon328 > 4 weeks ago |

Post removed.Why?

dragon328

2,412 posts

Posted by dragon328 > 4 weeks ago | Report Abuse

I just see a potential glut, which is not a good situation. Late comers will not be able to make money.

dragon328

2,412 posts

While I earlier hoped for YTLP to secure more customers beyond the current 180MW AI data centre and 48MW colocation data centre with SEA, and now it looks like a remote possibility due to the flush of new comers into Johor data centre scene, it may not be a bad thing after all.

At least it makes Johor becoming the magnet of pulling in foreign investments which will benefit utility companies like TNB and Ranhill, land owners like Crescendo, SP Setia and Eco World, and create more new jobs in the state.

All these will make the economy of the state stronger, and easier to attract talents in AI and data centre to the state, and build a more complete eco-system of AI cloud and data centre in Johor. I see these will eventually be good for the long term development and sustainability of YTLP's data centre business in Johor.

dragon328

2,412 posts

Post removed.Why?

cwc1981

1,246 posts

Posted by cwc1981 > 4 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Hi @dragon328 I'm wondering with all these DCs frenzy going around, will it benefit YTL's NSL Limited in Singapore?

Posted by StartOfTheBull > 4 weeks ago | Report Abuse

YTLP share price only a slight rebound further confirmed correlation between Nvidia and YTLP is not as extensive as before.

cwc1981

1,246 posts

Posted by cwc1981 > 4 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Because I see since announcing the NSL acquisition l, YTL Corp price has been sliding a lot

dragon328

2,412 posts

Post removed.Why?

Mikecyc

45,527 posts

Posted by Mikecyc > 4 weeks ago |

Post removed.Why?

dragon328

2,412 posts

@cwc1981, YTL's acquisition of NSL Singapore is for gaining entry into the prefab concrete and PBU market of NSL in Singapore, Dubai and Finland, it is faster than building the factories in these countries from scratch.

Furthermore, it will have synergies with YTL own construction business as it is construction the multi-billion data centres for YTL Power at Kulai DC Park and construction hundreds of new homes in YTLP's Brabazon property projects, and will be undertaking the multi-billion pounds of capex programmes for Wessex Waters in next few years.

Mikecyc

45,527 posts

Post removed.Why?

dragon328

2,412 posts

But don't take my words as granted, you need to check the announcement and the background of NSL to do own assessment of the merits of the deal.

The market generally did not give a positive response immediately after the acquisition news, as most only see that NSL registered a loss in 2023 and YTL was acquiring a loss-making company. Time will tell who is right.

Mikecyc

45,527 posts

Post removed.Why?

Posted by Permutation > 4 weeks ago | Report Abuse

I have been away and back today to note that some of the posts by OTB and dragon328 have been removed yesterday. WHY ?
To be honest, I have benefited from their posts. I may not agree with some of the counters OTB posted but did he lie? NO. That is his opinion based on info he had, and one needs to think further before you follow.

I hope OTB and dragon328 will continue with your post. tq

Will there be any impact to Wess*x Water?

United Kingdom
Britain is 'broke and broken', new government declares
https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/britain-is-broke-broken-new-government-declares-2024-07-27/

Jesse1314

17 posts

Posted by Jesse1314 > 4 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Similarly, there is inaction from the YTLPower PR team to address the lack of updates on Wessex, NVIDIA, Seraya and etc.

Mikecyc

45,527 posts

Post removed.Why?

Mikecyc

45,527 posts

Post removed.Why?

Mikecyc

45,527 posts

Post removed.Why?

dragon328

2,412 posts

Post removed.Why?

Mikecyc

45,527 posts

Post removed.Why?

Will subscribers for the water supply default or delay payment to settle water bills?
How to attract new investments if water tariff not allowed big increased to cover big additional cost of water supply?

How good will the return for Wess*x Water in the near future if so many problems kick in?

Posted by Mingci Toh > 4 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Post by Dragon328 2 hours ago:
YTL Power's foray into the data centre and AI cloud space is for the long term, and I see its tie-up with Nvidia is for at least 2-3 cycles of technology runs lasting 6-9 years. It is not hit-and-run like other companies just trying to ride on the AI hype for stock price goreng.

Post by Dragon328 2 hours ago:
@Jesse1314, the company is bigger than anyone here the company share base is so big that no single party can influence the share price movements.

The share price will not shoot up just because of a few words I post here, and on the other hand, the share price will not clash if my posts are removed.

I don't have to post anything here to promote any stock, the market force will decide.

No foreign fund managers will read our posts here, but it seems like some of my articles have been circulated overseas few times.

Middle East crisis live: Iran’s supreme leader leads prayers at Hamas leader funeral as region braces for fresh unrest
https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2024/aug/01/middle-east-crisis-live-irans-supreme-leader-to-lead-prayers-at-hamas-leader-funeral-as-region-braces-for-fresh-unrest

Post by Dragon328 1 hours ago:
@StartofTeBull, the UK government declaration of a broke UK is not good to anybody and any business in the UK. But I was told by UK friends and businessmen that the new Labour Party government is pro-investments and will need lots of foreign investments to come in to help spur the economy there.

To Wessex, a poor government is of course not a good thing, but the water companies' revenue does not depend on government's funds. All investments are to be made by private owners of the water companies, who are many foreign investors like YTL Power.

With Thames Waters going under, it is imperative for the new Labour Party government to avoid missteps again by Ofwat. Otherwise the water service standard in the UK will remain below par and the water companies there will go down one after another, then the UK would really become a 3rd world country then.

Alex Chua

163 posts

Posted by Alex Chua > 4 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Myr getting stronger

dragon328

2,412 posts

Thank you @Mingci Toh for re-posting my posts that have been removed again, so that I do not have to repeat and rewrite everything.

Posted by beginner888 > 4 weeks ago | Report Abuse

What is wrong with being Chinese-educated, especially if you are Chinese? Thankfully, the uneducated person who constantly used offensive language due to differing opinions has been removed.

I salute you. Thank you for speaking up.

beginner888

28 posts

Posted by beginner888 > 3 minutes ago | Report Abuse

What is wrong with being Chinese-educated, especially if you are Chinese? Thankfully, the uneducated person who constantly used offensive language due to differing opinions has been removed.

dragon328

2,412 posts

Exactly what you said below. If water companies are not allowed to increase water tariffs, how would them be able to fund the capex for next few years and arrest any leakage / resolve any water supply problems?

StartOfTheBull

Will subscribers for the water supply default or delay payment to settle water bills?
How to attract new investments if water tariff not allowed big increased to cover big additional cost of water supply?

1 hour ago

dragon328

2,412 posts

I cannot be bullish on Wessex's financial performance in next few years based on the draft determination of Ofwat. It would be disastrous for Wessex and most of the other 9 water companies in the UK should Ofwat not improve on the preset returns on capital in its final determination in Dec 2024.

StartOfTheBull

How good will the return for Wess*x Water in the near future if so many problems kick in?

49 minutes ago

dragon328

2,412 posts

And it would be also disastrous for most of the water consumers including industrial users in the UK, for any under-investment in water infrastructure will not help in spurring any new investments in UK economic activities, and household users will continue to be affected by below par water services for years to come.

SSLee, come lah. Hot discussion in this forum. You scared?
Hahaha, no wonder Mikecyc called you Lee Tikus.

Stock: [YTLPOWR]: YTL POWER INTERNATIONAL BHD

3 days ago | Report Abuse

StartOfTheBull,
Who are you trying to protect and kidding trying to link me with MikecycMomGoChurch?

I can say it straight to you face I have nothing to do with MikecycMomGoChurch.

Stock: [YTLPOWR]: YTL POWER INTERNATIONAL BHD

4 days ago | Report Abuse

StartOfTheBull, Why and what is your intention to associate me with MikecycMomGoChurch when I have nothing to do with them and Mike-tikus has everything to do with them?

Shame on you.

I really miss the days where I can exchange different of opinion with people like Philip, icon888, CharlesT and many others..

dragon328

2,412 posts

At the end of the day, I still believe they will do the right things for the sustainable development of the water assets in the UK. I am looking forward to a gradual improvement in the WACC for return on capital to above 4.0% from 3.72% in the second draft determination in July 24 and around 3% in the 1st draft determination in Dec 23.

Mikecyc

45,527 posts

Post removed.Why?

Mikecyc

45,527 posts

Post removed.Why?

Mikecyc

45,527 posts

Post removed.Why?

Mikecyc

45,527 posts

Post removed.Why?

Mikecyc

45,527 posts

Post removed.Why?

MrFox

1,251 posts

Posted by MrFox > 4 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Pearly Tan & Thinaah M enter semifinal

Posted by Antifanaticracism > 4 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Don't dream anymore. Market at a dangerous stage. Run away with whatever u have. Don't stay any longer. Dangerous

Posted by Antifanaticracism > 4 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Ytlp losing billions in UK

Hopefully Wass*x Water will not be the next.

Thames Water breaches licence conditions with fresh rating downgrade
https://www.ft.com/content/16640b07-688d-4dff-a870-cb476be470f4

D:

Post a Comment
Market Buzz