12 people like this.

2,633 comment(s). Last comment by Windy1974 1 month ago

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-09-15 12:28 | Report Abuse

Bond fellow are very conservative guys mah!

If it is not road to bankruptcy...they will not ask for yield of 48% pa mah!

Bearing in mind the current risk free interest is only 2% pa

CharlesT

14,572 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2021-09-15 12:29 | Report Abuse

His calculated risk reward ratio is 1:3

If boh tai chi Bond will be back to RM1.00

If tua tai chi Bond will be zero

Worths a bet to him

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-09-15 12:33 | Report Abuse

Everglades the bond value is only 10 cents for a dollar worth of bonds based on the restructuring plan loh!

At least better than nothing loh!

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2021-09-15 15:28 | Report Abuse

I sold sometime back for USD41 to buy nagacorp. Cannot sleep even if hold bond haha. Got better ideas with better risk reward.

=====

CharlesT https://www.bondsupermart.com/bsm/bond-factsheet/XS2089155761

Indicative Bid Price 29+...below Philip n John's cost
15/09/2021 12:20 PM

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2021-09-15 15:29 | Report Abuse

I still think on expected value across the range of possibilities is positive at this price. But i dont need the variance and i have better ideas.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-09-16 10:46 | Report Abuse

Abu Dhabi meeting was a success with new partners and indicative government joining in. Karim getting funding from there. Looks like early redemption is in the cards.

>>>>>>>

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-09-16 10:53 | Report Abuse

Prepare for massive hair cuts for the bonds loh!

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > Sep 16, 2021 10:46 AM | Report Abuse

Abu Dhabi meeting was a success with new partners and indicative government joining in. Karim getting funding from there. Looks like early redemption is in the cards.

>>>>>>>

i3lurker

13,606 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2021-09-16 10:57 | Report Abuse

There will not be any haircut unless Trustee takes immediate action to freeze and protect bondholders rights and assets.

Quite likely decision delays will result in totally zero payments to bondholders or you can also call it a 100% haircut.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-09-16 11:00 | Report Abuse

Bond holders always rank ahead of equity holders in getting back their monies mah!

Posted by i3lurker > Sep 16, 2021 10:57 AM | Report Abuse

There will not be any haircut unless Trustee takes immediate action to freeze and protect bondholders rights and assets.

Quite likely decision delays will result in totally zero payments to bondholders or you can also call it a 100% haircut.

Sslee

4,661 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-09-16 11:06 | Report Abuse

Another 2 weeks to see whether Serbadk can come out with the unaudited quarter end 30th June 2021 financial result.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-09-16 11:08 | Report Abuse

Friends, let Raider warn u well ahead of the trouble coming to Serba loh!

U just imagine a Serba bond holders invested Rm 1.00, now getting back only 29 sen of his money.....then what happen to the equity holders leh ?

REMEMBER ; Bond holders always rank ahead of equity holders in getting back their monies mah!

The likely scenario will be Serba share will worth only 0 to 2 sen if the bond only 29 sen mah!

So investors better be very careful mah!

Posted by stockraider > Sep 16, 2021 11:00 AM | Report Abuse X

Bond holders always rank ahead of equity holders in getting back their monies mah!

Posted by i3lurker > Sep 16, 2021 10:57 AM | Report Abuse

i3lurker

13,606 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2021-09-16 11:14 | Report Abuse

it always amazes me that people always have blind faith that companies have a lot of things for cutting.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-09-16 11:49 | Report Abuse

Insas is the best investment we can find right now loh!

15% of Raider investment is vested with insas mah!

Other than bjcorp & bjland which raider have 70% invested, u can never find any other investment better than insas loh!

Just buy loh....!!

Posted by enigmatic [hodl your shares] > 2021-09-22 21:52 | Report Abuse

Philip, what led to your decision to average down Hartalega & Serba Dinamik yesterday?

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-09-22 21:59 | Report Abuse

For hartalega, Latest asp pricing is not as bad as everyone expected, and at this price I would be happy to pick up more. For serba, I am happy to build up my position at cheap prices

Jack Khan

1,237 posts

Posted by Jack Khan > 2021-09-22 22:00 | Report Abuse

He think it will go up then he buy la! don't think too deep into his portfolio!
___________________________________________________________________________________
enigmatic [hodl your shares] Philip, what led to your decision to average down Hartalega & Serba Dinamik yesterday?

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-09-29 07:50 | Report Abuse

Finally sold out of gkent over the week after the arbitration loss and verbal confirmation acceptance of buyout offer. Very sad indeed. And not very sure on the future if dynacare, will rather pile money on hartalega.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-09-29 07:52 | Report Abuse

Started a small trading position on AWC, around 200k shares.

Sslee

4,661 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-09-29 08:51 | Report Abuse

Hopefully today the quarter end 30/06/3021 financial report of Serbadk will be out.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-09-29 09:53 | Report Abuse

Bought some harbor thanks to Ryan bringing up some ideas on logistics arbitrage.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-09-30 12:07 | Report Abuse

Taking a big hit on serba dinamik shares and sold fully to reduce further exposure long term. I think their inability to improve cash flow via borrowings and the red flag of 10% receivables uncollected more than 3 months is going to be the back breaker for me. Short term debt and inability to collect money are worrying signs indeed.

CharlesT

14,572 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2021-10-01 18:21 | Report Abuse

CharlesT

QL vs MNRB Philip 1 CharlesT 0
Glove Philip 0 CharlesT 1
Karim ????????????????????
02/06/2021 7:04 PM

Seems like the result is out....

Karim Philip 0 CharlesT 1

CharlesT

14,572 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2021-10-01 18:36 | Report Abuse

Philip ( buy what you understand) They have somehow convinced me to buy another million shares at 0.33+.

Let's see how.

>>>>>

CharlesT Btw how's yr internal staff of Serbak in yr Telegram Group?

Resigned oredi ah?
27/06/2021 6:07 AM

I learned something 20 years+ ago...never trust all the so called insider news...

Father of the Boss of several public listed co gave tips to his buddies during a mahjong section asking them to buy his son's co shares....

At the end? All went Holland......

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-10-01 19:20 | Report Abuse

The difference between me and you is that results good or bad is here to show how I invest. So far my results are still good. The difference for you is when times are good you talk a lot, when you don't do well you just go quiet and disappear. It seems you never made a mistake in buying stocks or trusting people before in your 20+ years. Good lah.

Are you w billionaire yet?

CharlesT

14,572 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2021-10-01 19:35 | Report Abuse

Wah...very sour leh

The point is high ego will cost u a lot of monies...nothing to do with my 10 years portfolio etc

CharlesT

14,572 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2021-10-01 19:37 | Report Abuse

Look into the facts...not relying on so called insider news for self comfort

Lesson no 1...never trust insiders.....lol

CharlesT

14,572 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2021-10-01 19:40 | Report Abuse

Ah Jon is smarter....quick quick jump the ship of Serbak Bonds when he sees profit

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-10-01 19:47 | Report Abuse

Please show me where I boast and boast?

And for your information I have results to show of my investment returns, and proper risk management to display how I put big sums of money on high conviction bets and smaller sums on riskier investments.

You can see the long term results since I started putting up my portfolio online in 2019.

Is i3 only value is to be a platform for abuse and trolling?

Please show your own investment thesis and trackable portfolio to see how your returns work out over time.

If you are not willing to do so, please stop posting and commenting further, people are here to look at how I invest and the portfolio returns, not to simply waste time talking.

LaoTzeAhSir

1,304 posts

Posted by LaoTzeAhSir > 2021-10-04 11:41 | Report Abuse

CharlesT is nothing but a troll, like calvintaneng and stockraider

CharlesT

14,572 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2021-10-05 06:58 | Report Abuse

What is so good abt Philip?

I can only think of few things abt Philip ever since he came to I3 since 2019 (or 2018?)

1) showing off his wealth
2) promoting QL in 2019 but underperform this few years
3) Sold all his TG (which he claimed he bought n held for more than 10 years blah blah) at average of RM2+ in Apr or May 2020 just b4 the crazy glove party began
4) Writing a lot of long essays on his investment theories (which i can hardly read for 5 minutes)
5) When he lost his arguments he will lose control n lie n talk a lot of rubbish
6) Lately, kena burnt in Serbak (relied on so called insiders news) n finally cut loss at RM0.30+ few days ago despite my earlier advice tom him since June..

Quite a miserable performance in I3 since his emergence in 2018 or 2019

So LaoTzeAhSir why did u PLP him blindly leh???

CharlesT

14,572 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2021-10-05 06:59 | Report Abuse

Or u love to suck rich man's balls very much?

CharlesT

14,572 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2021-10-05 07:24 | Report Abuse

Anyway how would Philip defends?

I can only think of 3 ways....

1) His QL won my MNRB so he is still very smart
2) Challenge me to show my 10 years result or portfolio
3) Claimed that when times are good I talk a lot, when I don't do well I will just go quiet and disappear (quite funny...dont know how he gets such conclusion...but again who cares...)

Maybe can find a more creative excuse this round?

KevinL

7 posts

Posted by KevinL > 2021-10-05 10:25 | Report Abuse

I agree on the part that Philip seems to likes to show off his wealth.

You can see it from his choice of words like "Started a small trading position on AWC, around 200k shares". Considering the median net worth of a typical Malaysian is around USD8900, I don't see the necessity mention the word "small" though.

We should all be humble and share our stories/success with the intention to inspire and educate rather than for self-centered purposes.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-10-05 11:06 | Report Abuse

Actually 200k units of Awc is quite small for Philip mah!

He is not showing off lah!

Posted by KevinL > Oct 5, 2021 10:25 AM | Report Abuse

I agree on the part that Philip seems to likes to show off his wealth.

You can see it from his choice of words like "Started a small trading position on AWC, around 200k shares". Considering the median net worth of a typical Malaysian is around USD8900, I don't see the necessity mention the word "small" though.

We should all be humble and share our stories/success with the intention to inspire and educate rather than for self-centered purposes.

Sslee

4,661 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-10-05 11:12 | Report Abuse

Haha stockraider is a better showman.

Posted by stockraider > Nov 3, 2020 10:36 AM | Report Abuse
Last Night I Had the Strangest Dream of Netx;
Last night I had the strangest dream
I never dreamed before
I dreamed i saw a big screen showing Netx is price Rm 1.00
then i checkTo my cds there is 2.62m of netx
and the warrant cds there was 1.31m at 90 sen
i key & filled my netx sell orders they matched at 2.62m share at rm 1.04
i key & filled my netx-w 1.31m & that was matched at 95 sen
And 3 days later & go to the bank there is rm 3.96m showing in my bank account

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-10-05 11:14 | Report Abuse

It is a fantasy strangest dream mah!

Raider make 2 myv instead of Rm 3.96m loh!

Posted by Sslee > Oct 5, 2021 11:12 AM | Report Abuse

Haha stockraider is a better showman.

Posted by stockraider > Nov 3, 2020 10:36 AM | Report Abuse
Last Night I Had the Strangest Dream of Netx;
Last night I had the strangest dream
I never dreamed before
I dreamed i saw a big screen showing Netx is price Rm 1.00
then i checkTo my cds there is 2.62m of netx
and the warrant cds there was 1.31m at 90 sen
i key & filled my netx sell orders they matched at 2.62m share at rm 1.04
i key & filled my netx-w 1.31m & that was matched at 95 sen
And 3 days later & go to the bank there is rm 3.96m showing in my bank account

KevinL

7 posts

Posted by KevinL > 2021-10-05 11:18 | Report Abuse

In relation to his Bursa portfolio of RM 57 mil, of course RM 100k worth of AWC is small.

In relation to ordinary Malaysians, RM 100k is several times their median net worth.

I still think that mentioning RM 100k as small seems to hint more towards social signaling to i3 readers on his wealth.

Posted by stockraider > Oct 5, 2021 11:06 AM | Report Abuse

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-10-05 11:27 | Report Abuse

Very difficult to cater for everybody mah!

Thus Philip should speak on its own context mah!

If sslee driving new bmw 5 series whereas raider driving old 2nd hand myv, raider would not say sslee showing off mah!

Raider need to think of sslee context making more than Rm 60k per month loh!

Posted by KevinL > Oct 5, 2021 11:18 AM | Report Abuse

In relation to his Bursa portfolio of RM 57 mil, of course RM 100k worth of AWC is small.

In relation to ordinary Malaysians, RM 100k is several times their median net worth.

I still think that mentioning RM 100k as small seems to hint more towards social signaling to i3 readers on his wealth.

Posted by stockraider > Oct 5, 2021 11:06 AM | Report Abuse

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-10-05 11:41 | Report Abuse

It is funny how some people would rather concentrate on the leaves instead of the forest. How does it benefit you by concentrating on details which are unimportant versus the important facts.

You could have started by asking why I bought awc, or you can look to share why you think AWC is a bad trade, which is more information worth learning from. You can look at my long term results to say that my investment methods are lousy and not with listening to and rationalizing which is the better method of investment.

More importantly, you can look at the 3 year history of every single transaction I have made and study what I did wrong and point out your own trading/investment methods which you think works better.

Instead you seem to emphasize on the word "small" and show off wealth.

Very sad mental view. But what can we expect of those who are not interested to look at the purpose of the page ( a full trackable portfolio of performance from 2019-21) and instead engage in petty things like showing off wealth? What wealth? Digital numbers on a toxic forum?

>>>>>>>>

KevinL I agree on the part that Philip seems to likes to show off his wealth.

05/10/2021 10:25 AM

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-10-05 11:43 | Report Abuse

You sound like a recent graduate from sunway university who lost money playing stock market and feeling bitter about it.

>>>>>>

If you are not happy look me up for a debate. Just look for the
millionaire finance lecturer in Sunway.
05/10/2021 5:11 AM

BATFLY

722 posts

Posted by BATFLY > 2021-10-05 12:30 | Report Abuse

Agreed with Philip.. Our purpose of trading or investing is to learn from others who have made millions. Not many ppl dare to show their investment portfolio.. Why nobody compliment him of his achievement on Top Glovr, PChem, QL.At least we know why he chopped off Serba due to red flag on receivables.. Keep up your good work by sharing.

Posted by PleaseTeachMe > 2021-10-05 12:51 | Report Abuse

Philip,do carry on with your sharing. Ignore comments that are unfair and learn from those that are helpful. It would have been better if critics point out why the stocks u buy are not good. This will benefit readers more. Hopefully, critisicms will be more constructive

KevinL

7 posts

Posted by KevinL > 2021-10-05 12:58 | Report Abuse

The point I'm trying to make here is not so much about the word "small", it is generally the tonality of your comments that gives a vibe of arrogance and pride. I can understand that coming from your perspective and with the financial success that you have achieved, I would probably feel the same sense of pride as well.

But I think at the end of the day, it is still very important for us all to stay grounded and be humble and be appreciative that we are all very blessed to be able to have extra money to invest.

I apologize if my comments sounded too crude. Something I need work on to communicate my message better.

As for studying methods from others, I actually do quite like 1 of your writings which is "How to Spot Value Traps, or WHY I WASTED 3 YEARS HOLDING THE VALUE INVESTING STOCK" @ https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/philip6/2020-05-29-story-h1507892411-How_to_Spot_Value_Traps_or_WHY_I_WASTED_3_YEARS_HOLDING_THE_VALUE_INVES.jsp

I find that the article speaks a lot about balancing the importance between Quantitative calculations (ROE, DCF, PE, etc) vs Qualitative assessments (Managerial integrity, Industry prospects, Technological advancement, etc).

The article to a certain extents help shaped my investment thesis to not put too high emphasis on Quantitative side but also to take seriously on the Qualitative side.

P/S: I think the best way to know whether our comments sounded arrogant or not, best is to read back our comments using the voice of Warren Buffet.

Cheers.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > Oct 5, 2021 11:41 AM | Report Abuse

It is funny how some people would rather concentrate on the leaves instead of the forest. How does it benefit you by concentrating on details which are unimportant versus the important facts.

You could have started by asking why I bought awc, or you can look to share why you think AWC is a bad trade, which is more information worth learning from. You can look at my long term results to say that my investment methods are lousy and not with listening to and rationalizing which is the better method of investment.

More importantly, you can look at the 3 year history of every single transaction I have made and study what I did wrong and point out your own trading/investment methods which you think works better.

Very sad mental view. But what can we expect of those who are not interested to look at the purpose of the page ( a full trackable portfolio of performance from 2019-21) and instead engage in petty things like showing off wealth? What wealth? Digital numbers on a toxic forum?

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-10-05 15:29 | Report Abuse

Yes in the end this is a investing forum, not done silly forum for name calling and showing off. This is why I find myself gradually moving away from i3 to telegram due to the bad moderation of childish behaviors of creating new ID just to insult people, and trying to talk about everything else except investment decisions and results.

>>>>>>>

PleaseTeachMe Philip,do carry on with your sharing. Ignore comments that are unfair and learn from those that are helpful. It would have been better if critics point out why the stocks u buy are not good. This will benefit readers more. Hopefully, critisicms will be more constructive
05/10/2021 12:51 PM

LaoTzeAhSir

1,304 posts

Posted by LaoTzeAhSir > 2021-10-06 19:36 | Report Abuse

CharlesT, you have no idea how much Philip made from his foreign investment last year. You're nuts compared to him.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-10-07 11:17 | Report Abuse

U R out of context lah!

Better avoid small talk like envy & jealousy loh!

Think positive & look at the big picture loh!

Posted by KevinL > Oct 5, 2021 12:58 PM | Report Abuse

The point I'm trying to make here is not so much about the word "small", it is generally the tonality of your comments that gives a vibe of arrogance and pride. I can understand that coming from your perspective and with the financial success that you have achieved, I would probably feel the same sense of pride as well.

But I think at the end of the day, it is still very important for us all to stay grounded and be humble and be appreciative that we are all very blessed to be able to have extra money to invest.

I apologize if my comments sounded too crude. Something I need work on to communicate my message better.

As for studying methods from others, I actually do quite like 1 of your writings which is "How to Spot Value Traps, or WHY I WASTED 3 YEARS HOLDING THE VALUE INVESTING STOCK" @ https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/philip6/2020-05-29-story-h1507892411...

I find that the article speaks a lot about balancing the importance between Quantitative calculations (ROE, DCF, PE, etc) vs Qualitative assessments (Managerial integrity, Industry prospects, Technological advancement, etc).

The article to a certain extents help shaped my investment thesis to not put too high emphasis on Quantitative side but also to take seriously on the Qualitative side.

P/S: I think the best way to know whether our comments sounded arrogant or not, best is to read back our comments using the voice of Warren Buffet.

Cheers.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > Oct 5, 2021 11:41 AM | Report Abuse

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-10-07 12:39 | Report Abuse

Bought some sop at a fair value price. Sometimes have to admit when Calvin tan can be right. Last week sold fruit bunches at the collection center and realized the price increase has been steadily going up far beyond the shortfall, not helped by the weather and soybean prices. At 5k per metric ton, and called up a friend working at Sarawak palm oil, it seems their production is not as affected as my Sabah side.

Seems like a good cyclical trade after all going in at fair prices.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-10-07 12:42 | Report Abuse

Yes go for palmoil stock loh!

Enjoy the big benefit of profits while others keep watching loh!

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2021-10-13 12:31 | Report Abuse

harta is now my fourth biggest position, and building up at the rm5+ range

Post a Comment
Market Buzz