ARB BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): ARBB (7181)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.04 - 0.045

Trading Volume

62 people like this.

25,520 comment(s). Last comment by whistlebower99 3 weeks ago

Posted by HasimahSarah > 2020-07-23 13:03 | Report Abuse

Correct me if i am wrong...

Posted by Wishmasters > 2020-07-23 13:04 | Report Abuse

Contest Al Jazeera objectively. No bully tactic please. Half bake politicians are prostituting media freedom.

ElvaLove

60 posts

Posted by ElvaLove > 2020-07-23 13:04 | Report Abuse

Those sharing cooking videos???
Ha! Ha! Ha!!!
How bodoh can we get!!!!

Maybe the video of a pork rib soup will not pass Finas??
Why have a law when you use it selectively?
Really third grade people with third world mentality!

Posted by RandySavage > 2020-07-23 13:06 | Report Abuse

Hello, Finas wants to play with international media. Haha. Check the contains of the documentary first, ask all correct or not . Then u talk. Putting cart before the horse.

TipTopJoe

40 posts

Posted by TipTopJoe > 2020-07-23 13:07 | Report Abuse

How come there was no spotlight on the Sheraton Sandakan filming? Afraid of opening an elite Malay Pandora's box??

Posted by YolandaOng > 2020-07-23 13:07 | Report Abuse

Haiya ,you know i know la

Posted by YolandaOng > 2020-07-23 13:07 | Report Abuse

Selective laws

Posted by YolandaOng > 2020-07-23 13:08 | Report Abuse

So, if I take a video of my children’s birthday party, I need to get a licence? This is like the good old BN days when one could be charged for letting off yellow balloons. Only a system that is afraid of the truth, suppresses it.

Posted by Questionaire > 2020-07-23 13:09 | Report Abuse

Yup. just like Africa Gestapo.

ApplePlay

50 posts

Posted by ApplePlay > 2020-07-23 13:11 | Report Abuse

Please let not Malaysia follow the lead of the un-democratic Arab nations that punish Al-Jazeerah for investigative its own journalism.

Posted by SonGokuSSJ5 > 2020-07-23 13:14 | Report Abuse

Speaker says merely requested judge to let Najib skip court to attend Parliament

KUALA LUMPUR, July 20 — Datuk Azhar Azizan @ Harun has denied instructing High Court Judge Collin Lawrence Sequerah to grant adjournment for Umno MP Datuk Seri Najib Razak so he can deliver his debate during his 1MDB trial on July 16, last week.

The Dewan Rakyat Speaker told the Lower House this morning when he was queried by Pakatan Harapan (PH) lawmaker and Tanjong Malim MP Chang Lih Kang, that he had made a request for the adjournment.

“His honourable Pekan requested to debate the royal address at 3.40pm. That morning, he requested for adjournment for his trial so he can go to Parliament but it was denied. We have a doctrine of separation of powers.

“Unlike the Parliament in UK, where it is supreme, the powers of the judiciary, executive and legislative here are the same. I made a request to the judge and he gave his consent to allow Pekan to attend Parliament. I did not instruct him,” said Azhar.

However, Chang pressed the newly minted Speaker and told him that the debate speech could have been postponed to a later date when it did not clash with Najib’s trial.

Pasir Salak MP Datuk Seri Tajuddin Abdul Rahman then interjected, claiming that Chang was raising a petty matter in Parliament.

Chang then demanded if Azhar was setting a new precedent where anyone on trial will be able to obtain leave and attend Parliament sittings in the future.

An irate Azhar told the Lower House that there were already precedents set on this matter, implying that it was related to certain Opposition leaders.

“I requested his honourable judge’s consideration, I did not give him any instructions,” said Azhar.

Last week, the High Court hearing Najib’s money-laundering and power abuse trial over 1MDB funds skipped lunch in order to hear the case and end proceedings earlier.

Justice Sequerah decided to sit through the customary lunch break, having read a letter received from Azhar.

At around 1.06pm, the judge said that he had managed to view and digest the letter from the Speaker which he was not able to do earlier as he had been hearing the 1MDB trial since morning with only short breaks.

“What I’ve decided to do, if your client’s supposed to be there at 3.30pm, I have decided to go on, continue without lunch break. I’ll stop at 3.15pm. Your client can proceed to Parliament, it’s just around the corner,” he said.

“I must put on record, there’s something on calendar in Parliament. I don’t know what...it wasn’t informed earlier. I don’t want to waste time, I’ll proceed. Unless I’m informed well in advance on the next occasion, I will not be entertaining any more requests for similar adjournment,” he added.

Posted by DannyFangs > 2020-07-23 13:15 | Report Abuse

From the little I know about the separation of powers among the Judiciary, Legislature and Executive, I don’t think any of them have the authority to order around either of the two others.

Thus, in conceding to the letter from the Parliament speaker, High Court judge Collin Lawrence Sequerah was merely extending elegant courtesy.The letter from Parliament also makes us wonder as to the contents. And is this going to be the new normal?

That each time a Member of Parliament, as Najib Abdul Razak is, is hauled up to the courts, as many other MPs hopefully will be, there would be a letter from Parliament asking for its member to be excused from class?

But hold, bubbly defence lawyer Shafee Abdullah. Don’t nick another notch on your gun-belt.

Judge Collin Lawrence Sequerah (above) has been extremely accommodating to your many requests, including attending your son’s wedding when you asked for a postponement of court proceedings.

If I were you, I would start getting worried, very worried. Should the final decision be against your client, would you have any grounds to argue that the judge had been predisposed against you or your client?

Even today, the writing on the wall was pretty clear. The court proceedings did not end for lunch and in fact, the hearing continued.

And to make it worse, proceedings will end only at 3.15pm, leaving your client just 15 minutes to ‘mat rempit’ it to Parliament.

Posted by FongKimLun > 2020-07-23 13:16 | Report Abuse

Is Najib's presence in the House so vital that it can't proceed without his presence?'

Posted by FongKimLun > 2020-07-23 13:16 | Report Abuse

Really so big balls argh?

Posted by GOD IS HERE > 2020-07-23 13:16 | Report Abuse

The legislative arm of government does not take precedence over the judiciary.

Is this House Speaker Azhar Azizan ‘Art’ Harun's first act of partiality for Perikatan Nasional (PN)? Will he write to the judge if it is a Harapan MP? Not that any Harapan MP is expected to be charged and tried for any criminal offence.

Posted by FongKimLun > 2020-07-23 13:17 | Report Abuse

Wow... I don't think there is such a protocol if we are to reflect the doctrine of separation of powers.

Furthermore, for what Najib is accused of, and the leading convoluted role he had in the scandal vis-a-vis as PM, he should have been made to go on garden leave from his MP position.

The Dewan Rakyat is the august House where the biggest decisions concerning the nation, citizens and public are made, and he should not be there at all as a voting member with such a questionable reputation.

Posted by ZackRaider > 2020-07-23 13:17 | Report Abuse

The person alleged to have committed serious crimes against national interest is being treated in a special and exceptional manner.

I'm afraid we are sending a wrong message to the public.

XiXiTan

37 posts

Posted by XiXiTan > 2020-07-23 13:18 | Report Abuse

Is there any provision in the laws that allows the speaker of the Dewan Rakyat to ask for an MP, who is on trial for a criminal offence, to be released so that he could attend Parliament?

Did the speaker act on his own accord? Was the speaker directed to do so?

Posted by ChewOnThis > 2020-07-23 13:18 | Report Abuse

On the heel of unprecedentedly occupying his speaker’s seat illegally, this backdoor speaker is now breaking another record – interfering into the proceedings of another independent institution, the Judiciary.

Is Najib’s presence in the House so vital that it can’t proceed without his presence? If not, then what is the justification for the speaker’s request to the court to release Najib from the court proceeding?

As a lawyer himself, speaker Azhar should realise the gravity of the charges for which Najib is on trial – the greatest theft of public funds in the nation’s history and the financial crime of the century worldwide.

Azhar has better reveal to the public the grounds upon which he has interrupted this trial if he still wants to retain a modicum of public confidence.

Posted by VanGuardLim > 2020-07-23 13:19 | Report Abuse

Why does the speaker issue such a letter. Is that your role, Art Harun?

And will this special treatment apply to any other ‘orang kena tuduh’ (accused)?

Posted by BostonCrab > 2020-07-23 13:19 | Report Abuse

Has the speaker any jurisdiction to suggest for a member to attend Parliament when the member has to answer on the greatest robbery of the century?

Is Art's letter to the judge constitutional? Can the Parliament overrule the Judiciary? I am sure many like me would like to know of this ruling from the speaker.

Posted by Wishmasters > 2020-07-23 13:20 | Report Abuse

Indeed, is it very crucial for Najib to attend the parliamentary session? He is not a minister, so why give special privileges for an accused?

Posted by RandySavage > 2020-07-23 13:21 | Report Abuse

The new Dewan Rakyat speaker came to rescue Najib. Marvellous.

What if an opposition MP is in a similar situation? Can he or she have such special treatment?

Posted by Questionaire > 2020-07-23 13:23 | Report Abuse

wanna lari again..i thot he can't wait to clear his name -according to him. No more balls?

ApplePlay

50 posts

Posted by ApplePlay > 2020-07-23 13:23 | Report Abuse

Oh so much love is being shown.

ApplePlay

50 posts

Posted by ApplePlay > 2020-07-23 13:23 | Report Abuse

Postpone, postpone, delay , delay main main saja..

Posted by SonGokuSSJ5 > 2020-07-23 13:24 | Report Abuse

Is sitting through lunch break lawful?

Posted by DannyFangs > 2020-07-23 13:24 | Report Abuse

A simple YES

Posted by FongKimLun > 2020-07-23 13:25 | Report Abuse

is the newly minted Speaker doing Najib's bidding now?

Posted by GOD IS HERE > 2020-07-23 13:25 | Report Abuse

Malaysia boleh!! Speaker can even ask Prosecutor to drop charges, no? Not the kind of New Malaysia we had in mind.

Posted by ZackRaider > 2020-07-23 13:26 | Report Abuse

Oh boy first step of PN abusing the privilege of their appointed speakers .....more to come umno culture

XiXiTan

37 posts

Posted by XiXiTan > 2020-07-23 13:26 | Report Abuse

Speaker so powerful even Judge have to listen. no wonder we have a new speakers. Indeed our beloved Speaker is doing a great job for...........

Posted by ChewOnThis > 2020-07-23 13:26 | Report Abuse

Does he need a driver?

Posted by ChewOnThis > 2020-07-23 13:26 | Report Abuse

hehe

Posted by VanGuardLim > 2020-07-23 13:27 | Report Abuse

What the hell is going on with the speaker

Posted by HasimahSarah > 2020-07-23 13:28 | Report Abuse

Payback time lah.

Posted by BostonCrab > 2020-07-23 13:31 | Report Abuse

guys time to reload money into trading account, Arb super discount is just around the corner!

Posted by VanGuardLim > 2020-07-23 13:31 | Report Abuse

Wah discount price ah? ok la

Posted by VanGuardLim > 2020-07-23 13:31 | Report Abuse

Reload reload reload

Posted by ChewOnThis > 2020-07-23 13:32 | Report Abuse

Buy call?

Posted by BostonCrab > 2020-07-23 13:32 | Report Abuse

Absolutely!

persie

1,412 posts

Posted by persie > 2020-07-23 13:45 | Report Abuse

Collect at 30c..

micky92

759 posts

Posted by micky92 > 2020-07-23 22:36 | Report Abuse

90% comments here are non related to Arbb.Wonder whether I am in the right forum

m_aloha

607 posts

Posted by m_aloha > 2020-07-24 01:45 | Report Abuse

use to be fav counter, come here to see any latest news, seem like no longer a right forum.

CHLEONG888

923 posts

Posted by CHLEONG888 > 2020-07-24 08:09 | Report Abuse

politic forum

Posted by Questionaire > 2020-07-24 09:51 | Report Abuse

Good morning guys!

Posted by Wishmasters > 2020-07-24 10:15 | Report Abuse

Three strikes and you should be out, Lembah Pantai MP tells Saifuddin after Finas licence debacle

Lembah Pantai MP Fahmi Fadzil wants Datuk Saifuddin Abdullah to resign over his handling of the National Film Development Corporation Malaysia (Finas) issue today, as this is the third purported gaffe by the communications and multimedia minister since his appointment in March.

He cited Saifuddin’s non-answer to questions by Kluang MP Wong Shu Qi on whether users of social media platforms like TikTok need a Finas licence as well as his own question on whether documentary creator Dustin Pfundheller obtained a Finas licence for his well-received documentary Other Side of the Truth which was shared by national news agency Bernama.

Instead, Saifuddin, earlier tonight, after much backlash from the public, said the Perikatan Nasional (PN) government has no intention of obstructing personal freedom on social media over his remark that all film producers must get a licence from Finas. He added that the ministry is looking to amend outdated laws.

“The YB Minister should have raised these arguments, especially the intention to amend the Act, in his answer to the Dewan Rakyat this morning,” Fahmi said in his statement.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz